Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
What Happens in Vegas, Part 2

"Lady Luck is a jealous fickle witch"

1
1 Comment 1
990 Views 990
741 words 741 words
The morning of my second day, I first head to the check in area, an area reserved for those of us here on a package deal. They gave us a book of coupons for free mugs and the like, but you need to check in everyday to get your freebies. I deposit my goodies in my room and head to breakfast. There is an excellent coffee shop on property I have yet to try.

After a marvelous meal of steak and eggs I exit to commence a day of play. At the door I spy an old fashioned one armed bandit left over from the early days in Vegas. The Fitzgerald was in the process of switching out all their slots so there were plenty of the old school type still on property. This was a slot from the glory days of Vegas, no flashing neon graphics or sound effects on this machine. It was a two quarter machine, meaning the max bet was 50 cents. Hint, if you are ever in Vegas or any gambling venue ALWAYS play the max, it can mean the difference between a major jackpot and a minor one.

I had a pocketful of change so I decided to invest a couple of dollars, I deposit my first two quarters and pull the handle. The reels spin by at a dizzying speed and each one stops with a loud "thunk". Nothing happens on the first spin so I invest another fifty cents, this time I win back my investment, so I try a third time. Suddenly the sound of an antique alarm clock is heard emanating from within the machine, I look at the reels and see the words JACKPOT on all three reels and a waterfall of quarters falls into the coin catcher.

I am 200 dollars richer, Lady Luck has me by the hand so I decide to try my luck at the other casinos. As exit the casino I bump into the pit boss from yesterday, and he informs me that they dismissed the nasty female I encountered yesterday. It seems I was not the only person whose hand was smacked and she screeched at. I head to the 4 Queens casino, I play some roulette and wind up 50 dollars richer. I go across to Binions to play some blackjack, I walk away from here with another 50 dollars. I am now 300 dollars ahead. That's when I see her — a blackjack dealer at The Mint.

Her golden hair glistens in the sunlight, her smile is dazzling, and she has the looks and figure that would make most Playboy bunnies look undernourished and flat chested. I take a seat and quickly change 100 dollars into chips. That's when Lady Luck become jealous of my ogling another female and leaves my side.

I cannot seem to win a hand, I push a few times and that's it. Terminology lesson: A push is when you and the dealer have cards totaling the same amount. Blackjack lesson: The dealer may not hit on a hard 17, that would be a 10 card or any picture card and a 7 card. They can hit on a soft 17, 3 or more cards totaling 17 or under.

She deals her hand and shows a 6 card facing up, this is usually a bust hand for the dealer as they usually go over 17. I am sitting on 17, so I decline a hit. She flips her bottom card, its a 10. She draws another and its a 5 card, she has 21 and the house wins. My only reward is when she leans forward to remove my cards and chips is a glimpse of her generous endowments barely held in place by a white satin bra.

So it goes. I change another 100 into chips, and she takes them too. Her cupid bow mouth shows a frown whenever I lose. Well enough is enough. I stand and bid her goodbye. She thanks me for playing and then drops her voice an octave and leans forward to offer me a final glimpse of her magnificent décolletage and purrs, "Come back and see me later".

So what do I do? I tip her 25 dollars. I head back to my room with the remainder of my morning winnings and order a movie and summon room service. Like the song said, "Ya got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em." They should have said something about ignoring the stunning dealer with the Raquel Welch build.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments