Find your next favourite story now
Login

Micro Fiction Stories

As with our Flash Fiction category, the aim of micro fiction is to tell a complete story within a limited number of words.

Where Flash Fiction generally ranges from 100 to 1000 words, Micro Fiction submissions should be under 100 words and can cover any of the fiction genres.

Fire At Brook Farm

The reality of a burning building is tinged with the sadness of old age.

Late one night, the police phoned to inform us that one of my grandfather’s buildings was on fire. We rushed up to Brook Farm, but could only stand and watch as his old wooden barn burned to the ground. The firemen let us stand nearby as they pumped water...

fantasylady69

Halloween Story

An elderly couple celebrate Halloween, or rather she wants to.

He walked into the bedroom, ready for bed. His wife of sixty-five years was already in bed with the covers pulled up to her chin. Her hair was in curlers, her teeth in a glass on the bedside table. As he took his teeth out and put them in a glass on his s...

Woman in the Mirror

Something unexpected came with the old house...

From the first night in that house, female moans invaded my dreams. Now, I awake to a new sound- tap tap tap- as if someone's rapping on glass. I look, but there's nothing outside the window. "Over here," whispers her melodic voice, luring me toward her....

A Mother's Love

Prayers are answered, but in unexpected ways...

Each month, I prayed for him. Then, tears fell. She birthed, but couldn't keep, what my empty space desired. Three lives converged through love as she placed his tiny hand in mine, writing new stories for us all.

What a Day

It was a rough day and you were all she was looking forward to.

It was a long day and you were the only thing I was looking forward to. There was an empty place where you were sitting so recently. My disappointment crushed down on me as I couldn't believe you were gone. I stood there my arms at my side, my fists clenc...

Ding-dong “Hello?” “I might be wrong, but I think you were spying on me from your window?” “Er…” “Enjoying the view, were you?” “Erm…” “Get a good gawp at my naked body?” I really didn’t know what to say. “Did you like seeing my bare breasts on display?”...

Don't Forget Your Pin

Attempted mugging at a cashpoint.

To everyone in the room, she seemed like just a normal girl wearing Vans, blue jeans, and a red hoodie. Rachel didn’t mingle much that night, she was unusually quiet!Only a few hours before, she’d been traumatised, whilst trying to withdraw cash from a ca...

The Chair

Today, it was my turn in ‘the chair.’

I remember there were two of them, a man and a woman. They both wore masks? First, they sat me in the chair, then shone a bright light in my face. The man shuffled behind me and began to question my plans for the weekend? I couldn't reply because the woma...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Table for Two

Whole new dining experience

We sat at our favourite table by the window. I’m not the jealous type, but I know what I saw last night! There you were, with a smug grin on your face. Shamelessly, licking your lips like a brazen hussy. The same lips that I thought were reserved for me?...

When I got home todayYou were gone It wasn’t just your presence But your joy Your vivacity Your essence Your car Wasn’t on the drive The house was silent Nothing was quite right Cushions out of place Dishes, where they were left Drawers cascaded Empty A h...

WW3

Third time was her charm…

To everyone in the room, she seemed like just a normal girl wearing Vans, blue jeans, and a red hoodie. But hers was an appearance intended to blend rather than deceive. She once wanted to disappear. But today was different. Anticipation replaced self-pit...

I come here every day and think of you. I recall those secret, stolen moments that will forever be ours. I remember how we talked and giggled; of how we shared, and discovered each other. In that tranquil meadow, we joined and found a completeness I will...

The Mimic

She heard her mother scream...or did she?

Mom screams. Short and piercing like she’s just stumbled across something startling. Her shriek comes from downstairs. ‘Sounds like she’s in the kitchen but why is she awake and out of bed at this hour?’ She screams again, calling my name. ‘She needs me.’...

The Shadow in the House

Not everything is merely a figment of imagination.

We had moved, thousands of miles away. Dad claimed it was a job transfer, but I knew the real reason. I knew it was because of the shadow in the house.  At first, my parents didn’t believe me. Said I was just hearing things; all in my head. Then, out of t...