Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Terribly Cool

"A parody"

1
1 Comment 1
635 Views 635
197 words 197 words

Right now, Canadians are experiencing an unprecedented amount of stress and anxiety because of the pandemic, hoarding and isolation. Stores are closed, streets are empty, and there is shortage on the shelves of essential goods, such as toilet paper, kraft dinner, and cannabis supplies. Canadians have never faced such hardship. Comic relief is much needed therefore I am writing a parody of a famous rock band that I will call The Terribly Cool.

This band has gained much fame in Canada as their sounds have been heard in small bars, dive bars and backyard parties. If you can guess the name of this band then you get five stars coming soon to your mailbox. If not, contact the nearest international space station to you to claim your prize. 

The music of The Terribly Cool continues to give us a “glimmer of hope” as we collectively wonder when we will get back to familiarity. Canadians should keep in mind that this difficult time will end. We will come to a new normal which will also be better because we have learned to help each other and have solidarity. So in the words of The Terribly Cool, “stay cool.” 

 

 

Published 
Written by Adrienne
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments