Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
A Frustrated Writer's Rant -1

"Oh, a rant of frustration... not anything special..."

5
6 Comments 6
1.4k Views 1.4k
333 words 333 words
------------------------------------- This work, within its first few lines, contains language or other material which some readers may find offensive. In consideration, Stories Space has hidden the preview of this selection. By choosing to view the piece in its entirety, you agree that you are 18 or older and do not object to such content. -------------------------------------

I'm so sick and tired of writing this shit. Eating disorder awareness piece after eating disorder awareness piece. Before it was this close to reality I enjoyed it, now? I WATCH this every day damn it! EVERY DAY, every single fucking day. Every single god damn stupid day. I hate all of it. All these writings aren't doing a thing, they don't change a damned thing about anything. It doesn't take away the pain, it doesn't help her at all, and as far as I know, it's not helping anybody else at all. Maybe one day it will, but right now I'm writing stuff that does basically absolutely frigging nothing. I'm so tired of writing shit that means nothing. Just because I write something and my intent is something, doesn't mean I don't have some selfish reason to write it too. Why can I not write about it and let it go for a little while? I'm sick and tired of these thoughts, sick and tired of writing this shit, of knowing this shit, of feeling like it means absolutely nothing. Because it means a lot, it means so much- it means I care, it means I give a shit, but that means nothing if there are no results, if nothing happens and it doesn't help any, because then, why am I writing it if it doesn't help anyone? There's no point. I wish there was a visible sign that it was doing something- that my writing was helping, that my caring was helping, that my doing something was helping in some way, because right now I feel like I'm talking to empty air and writing with invisible ink.

Published 
Written by Colors_of_the_Wind
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments