Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Be My Other

"Valentine"

7
5 Comments 5
971 Views 971
427 words 427 words
Would you be mine, Valentine, or have you already promised another? Girl.

You think I don’t know her, and maybe I do. Maybe, just maybe, I know you lie to her too. Perhaps I know because she has told me so. Her questioning glance when you grab me to dance, the hurt in her eyes as she acknowledges your lies.

Don’t get mad at me sweetie pie, I’m not the one caught in a lie. It’s not me hurting another, and I am not the one searching to discover ... the TRUTH.

I ask, and believe what you say. Why would I question you today?

Don’t you worry your feeble little mind, I stopped believing long ago that you were only mine. And still I tell the truth and have adored you no matter. (yes I know I remind you of the mad hatter) So come on Valentine, what’s it going to be?

You gonna lie to her again just to be with me? I promise not to ask if you swear that you believe me. Silly.

Stupid fucking game, you said you were a better man, but I know you are the same.

But today when I saw her eyes filled with tears, I felt a bit of pain. Right here, in my heart! When did that start? What are those things called? Feelings? I think I had one just now while staring at the ceiling.

Yes! There it is again, like being punched in the chest!! This is that love thing that has so many people depressed? Well no, thank you! None of that for me! I love freely but am in love with only one, you see?

Of course, you don’t! You are too busy to think of me, or she! I will not be joining you on the path of guilt as I am too busy driving up and down Crazy Street.

No, I will not save your seat! Shaking my head as I watch you walk away, “What the hell was that?” to myself, I say.

Inside my head, I hear a little whisper wondering if you brush your teeth before you go and kiss her.

Shhhhh! I tell myself as I hear another sound. Oh, you are back already, stomping all around. Town. She must not have been home.

What did you say? Did you just tell me Happy Valentine’s Day? Oh was that TODAY?

Will I be your Valentine, just as you are mine?

Nope, I sure won’t, be your other Valentine!

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments