Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Bloodlands

3
1 Comment 1
848 Views 848
484 words 484 words
Out beyond the horizon, and out behind the sun and at the end of the rainbow when the storm has past life seems to have only begun. As I stand here like I have during those long hours in the past underneath those skies at the turning of twilight full of stardust. It feels as if my memories are drowning down in the valley where the water runs cold.

And I know that out beyond the divide, at roughly around midnight everybody will seem to then be on the same side. And out on the horizon I know that someone has prayed for both your soul and mine, as I pause and throw another log on the fire and feeling at times both weak and weary as I feel the night winds beginning to blow. And thinking I am hearing those bells from the church of St. Mary, which is like the sound of a melody from long ago.

At times it is dark and dreary, and there are times that I would like to be able to call you by name, and makes me think that I am just pondering things in vain. My repentance in most cases seems to be very plain, and it’s late in the season out here in the fields. And with every step you take it seems like I am walking the same through; countries, kingdoms, and those temples of stone to reach beyond the horizon and the treacherous sea(s).

And sometimes I know that it’s not enough to simply know what things mean, but there are times when I know, and most of us have to know what things don’t mean either. Life can be a lie and be very plain as we make our way through this Vale of Tears; and in some cases most want life to be simply a lie. For it is their joke and pantomime, and have never known or cared for anything else.

In the soft light of the morning under the crimson skies of the sun’s dark light rising in the East, I will follow you with my mind’s eye, as you start out your day in the soft morning hours beyond that far horizon. I know that these are fragile feelings and thoughts I am having as I camp here near the fire, and if they are ever put out there, someone or something will kill them, and it’s probably best that I keep them buried deep inside.

So as I make my way down the line; I’ll try to eat when I’m hungry, drink when I’m dry, and try to live my life upon the square to the bone. For I know that I have more than just a lifetime to live and be there with you when the final deal goes down.

Copyright Timberwolf International LTD: January 2016 – 06

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments