Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Dime Dance

"Brain seepings"

4
3 Comments 3
731 Views 731
274 words 274 words
My world seems to always be spinning out of control. I feel as though I am never winning when I stop to pay the toll, to that troll, who lives beneath the bridge that now swings open. My wings have yet to fail me, even when my heart has been broken. Pay the token, pay the dime. No matter what you toss my way, I’ll dance for you every time.

And when the rest stand and stare in puzzled bits of wonder, I’ll spread my wings to forever protect, those I’ve strategically placed under. The pain that they cause and their gain is always their loss. But they never even see it, for they are so blind, and dumb to boot. Too busy seeking fresh ground to seed their trees that bear no fruit.

There is no truth to be found in that cold frozen ground. With everyone standing around, drowning out their every sound. They’ll never taste the sweetness of true loves bliss. Never melt into loves eternal kiss. I found myself yesterday, and I’ll find myself again. Some say you’ll never find the things you do not seek. Those words were surely created to make others feel weak. But come see what I found while stumbling around. Searching for nothing in that cold hard ground.

I found a friend, a love, some true mates for my soul. Without seeking, I’ve found everything and have once again become whole. So when you find yourself out there again, caught up in the rain, remember that is where I found you and I’ll find you once again.

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments