Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Down The Line

1
0 Comments 0
904 Views 904
735 words 735 words
It seems I have searching all of my days, and I have been trying to find the answers to those questions in my mind, with there being many times when I have stood here by myself with no friends near, and just acquaintances standing in their rightful place. Sometimes I wonder if my faith will be rewarded, and if there is someone out there or if it is merely a hoax? I know when all is said and done I will reap what I have sowed, with this journey at times being a troublesome road I have headed on down. There are times when it feels as if I am not on solid ground, and finding myself wondering if I am merely just a fool on a fool’s errand or am I just a faded notion of someone to those I once knew?

Most of the time I try to stay clear focused on all those things around me and keeping my feet on the ground able to read the signs, and stay with it all as the road unwinds. And I know that in every heart including my own there is a room to be a safe sanctuary to heal the wounds suffered; from every word, lie, kick, or blow inflicted. Still there are those words heard at the break of the new day, which usually mean that I am in trouble every step of the way, like a twist of fate. Becoming food for those self-proclaimed saints quick to judge and sentence me for crimes and misdemeanors that are never defined, yet it always seems to be justified in their minds. Which can be seen by their smiles as well as the looks in their eyes.

Life seems to have become nothing more than a series of tests with something seeming to be always at stake. Which sometimes has me thinking of a series of dreams, with nothing being specific or being very extreme, where it seems as if the tempo and time flies. And I wouldn’t change things completely if I could, and just have everything match up like they should. For I know I can hold my own, as well as those situations I come across, and as long as I stand my ground there will always be some kind of choice. Though there those times when it seems as if the world has gone wild, I know I will survive and watch what might be coming down the road towards me knowing that subtleties may still try to strangle me as I continue on, and I shouldn’t worry if the world has gone wrong or crazy.

Every foe that I have faced I knew that the cause was there before we met, along with every fight I fought was done without regret or shame, and some days the darkness does die. Though there might be lines that have been cut, it doesn’t always mean it’s the end of some friendships or family ties. And there have been the times when I have been covered by the dirt of rumours, as well as by the dust of gossip, as I continue down this road I am on, as the days slowly turn to night. But, the truth will always pierce both the mud and dust no matter how thick, and is one of the few constants I keep with me, though at times it might confound me. As I stand here and see things clearly that I need to take a stand, hold my ground, and remain just who and what I am, and just not give a damn at times.

Just pledging my time as I follow these roads, just walkin’ and I ain’t talking because I ain’t got time for idle conversation with those who try to stop me. And if things don’t work out then I guess I will be the first to know in any case, but nothing seems to really matter mush at times, except that doom of some sort seems to count. With it seeming like beauty walks down a razor’s edge, which I usually see as I am leaving without mumbling any form of a goodbye, and just heading out on my way wherever the road that called will take me along with where the Tao directs me to be. 

  Copyright: Timberwolf International LTD. April 2016 – 21

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors