Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Exoneration

"If you really want to make a difference, don't over think it, just do it..."

7
6 Comments 6
1.2k Views 1.2k
347 words 347 words


Forgiveness is the key to unlocking the feelings felt from yours and others past transgressions. It is ancient history. Let it go, it only weighs you down.

Placing the key inside the lock can be the hardest thing to do.
After that obstacle is overcome, the task given becomes easier to perform.

As the lock begins to open, sometimes it squeaks and groans under the weight carried for so long. A bit seized from lack of use, rusted and tarnished from tears shed.

Some force may be needed, or a squirt of lubrication, before the tension is released.
Then it will fully open and release the baggage packaged inside for so long.

Finally jettisoning the huge load that has weighted down the mind and tired the body.
Allowing it to float from your shoulders. Giving an amazing feeling of weightlessness and freedom, almost forgotten.

Insert the key into the lock, turn hard, use the force needed, lubricate the workings, over and over, try again, don't give up. Look on as the hasp begins to loosen and open, as the oil of forgiveness penetrates the scaly rust-encrusted mechanism, washing all evidence of tears, fears and guilt away.

Persistence. Have persistence. Be tenacious, keep trying until you feel the weight is lifted from you. Embrace the wonderful feeling of freedom and being able to spread your wings again.

Soar into the heavens, enjoy the warmth and the light from the sun. Take in the beauty, every color, every smell, every sound, every taste. You deserve this . Enjoy.

Exonerate yourself, forgive, don't harbor any longer the things that keep you locked prisoner within yourself.

You have the key to make a difference, place it inside the lock and give it a turn.

"If you really want to make a difference, don't over think it, just do it..."

Reading a fellow author's work, (authorized1960) inspired these words.
Thanks Andy for the inspiration.

I harbor some of the same feelings expressed in his lines.
I have not been able to get the lock fully open as yet, but I haven't given up.

Published 
Written by CKAcres
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments