Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Goodbye men.

3
3 Comments 3
746 Views 746
394 words 394 words
Anne was tall, thin and a nature girl. Her parents passed away when she was 18. Ever since, she had lived with her aunt in a small village. She hadn't finished her study, however, smart she was, however hard-working she was. The distance was a hindrance to drop out of university, and doing just the housework.

One day her aunt had suggested to her to go to the town and live with her son who worked there as a journalist. Anne accepted the proposal and went to live with her cousin. She tried to make him comfortable by providing everything he needed; delicious cooking as she was a good cook, doing the washing and make the house very clean.

She longed for marrying him and be together forever. Although with her kindness and gentleness, her cousin was cruel and unkind to her especially when he knew about her feelings. He always told her that she was only his cousin, it was a constant lecture that she heard every day, but said nothing just looking down and burst into tears, then hurried into the bedroom.

A fortnight's time passed hard on both of them, when he had an accident and gotten a fracture of the leg. Despite his usual insistence to make her upset by telling her to go back to the village, because life in the city is too advanced for her. Although with this bad treatment and insulting comments; she had stayed and looked after him kindly in his illness. She had done her best to alleviate his suffering; like feeding him with the soup and pushed the wheelchair when going for a walk. For a time they laughed and teased each other. She eventually saw him smile. She enjoyed offering help whenever he asked even in the late hours.

The young man had gotten better, so Anne left the house and bade him goodbye with an wide artificial smile, when he thanked her. Day after day, the house seemed dull to the man and as he spent his days alone most of the time brought back lots of memories; which lead him in the end to recognize his love too. After two weeks, the cousin had driven to her home, then asked her to marry him because she was the appropriate women for him. She was really a candle that lit his life.

Published 
Written by meryem
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments