Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Joker's Run

4
1 Comment 1
991 Views 991
586 words 586 words
The smallest battles have left the deepest scars, (and all the scars are on the inside of me), as I stand here seeing the smoke pouring out from an open boxcar door sitting there abandoned on the siding. Knowing full well I may have lost the war but won almost every battle I joined, and has me remembering long ago when the sun was shining, and I had joining those causes that that seemed to be the ones that were worth fighting for. As I stand here watching the sky breaking on those promises were made as the rain begins to fall, and I have been trying to find all that has been in my mind.

Having me thinking; oh no what have I done or gotten accomplished? And noticing that all has not been what it seems, with nothing ever to be the same, with everybody being on the run now. Especially when the spell finally broke that I was under as a victim of the night, with there being no time left for the killing for, as I run from those demons and the pain they bring with them when the night stretches out like a long double edged blade.

Having me wondering if I am just standing still? As those who think they are entitled have all decided to pay us all off with bribes, and give us what they feel we deserve as they attempt to pay us all off? I can now feel the time coming quickly to reinvent myself into a new incarnation, and to teach myself in some cases how to forget things of all that was once seen and heard. And thinking without saying anything of which connection(s), I should cut, as well as to keep all inside which I silently resigned myself to.

Some things are just a shot away, and if it was meant to be, then it shall be. Just like if it was not to be then it will never be or shall never be. For some judgments made and passed no matter how, why or when will never bend, with decisions being made in the cathedrals of the human mind. As I continue upon this run and dodging those obstacles placed in my way and avoiding those demons and the pain they bring. Knowing that I need to stand tall, and face all that comes at me and if need be find that jitterbug ride and take dancing lessons to avoid what is thrown at me.

This ain't goodbye and I know that many times there are things all of us are afraid to let go and at times I might need to find another bridge to cross over those swollen rivers of blindness, which hasn't either been burned or blown, and carrying with me those lessons I have learned. As I keep making my way down the line, occasionally looking down and seeing my boots pointed away and heading down this old Highway 61, to where ever it has called and directed me to go.

And there are times when I wonder if they will ever notice somebody like me who has wandered through the deserts, and the cities and heard all the crimes and misdemeanors that were never defined. Just wanting to be free to roam and not constantly on the run and just needing hope for my tomorrows. Though I know there are times when the fight was all-ready there whether I wanted it or not.

Copyright 2003 Timberwolf International LTD.


Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments