Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
My Darkest Night

"More rambling"

4
4 Comments 4
836 Views 836
247 words 247 words
Even in my darkest nights, you pull me close and hold me tight. You whisper in my ear, "Everything will be okay. Tomorrow is another day. Sometimes we all feel this way." You wipe the tears from my cheeks and softly kiss my head. Taking me in those safe strong arms, you carry me to bed. And even when I struggle and put up a fight, you hold me closer still and soothe away my fright.

I don't know how to show you. I can't find the words to explain how I feel. I can fully promise I will keep my end of this deal. I am not sure how I've made it this far without you. You're more than a lover and a friend and I feel so lucky to have you. There are so many who'd say we'd never make it this far, or maybe never make it at all.

They don't know the fun we have and all the laughs we share. And no one knows that when I fall, I look up and you are always standing there. I love it most of all when you let yourself be silly with me. When you share your life and let me see what it is you dream. You show me your hopes and without words you make me sing carefree. Knowing I am yours and how you have my heart, I will stay with you forever, as I have loved you from the start.

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments