Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Pretty Vacant

"I get that song outta my head!!"

5
3 Comments 3
685 Views 685
262 words 262 words
Right. It is true. I have been waiting for you. I have hoped and held on, always humming our song, but I was wrong. At first, I missed your touch and longed for you to be near, even though you are always right here. I made a move and sought a hug, but in return, you hissed and shrugged me away. I was sure it was just for a day that things would be this way.

It's just a phase
Vacant days

Next, I missed your love for me which now I see, was never for me. Part of me knew long ago, but the hope inside me told me no. Don’t listen to that negative thought, listen to your heart, it’s normal to feel like this, you’ve felt it from the start. Stupid heart. I’ll not follow you there again. The love will return. That lie is hard to swallow, once it is fully learned.

But it’s just a phase
These vacant days

Finally, I see the light as it pierced through me in the dead of the night. This was no fight. No place to take flight, my tongue bleeding from the constant bite. Suddenly, nothing is alright. The light is blinding as my painful tears flow, trying to comprehend the fact that I must now let go of what is already gone. Hope. Imaginary love. I’ll never stop writing this song. I will forever be humming along, while fighting to stay strong. I was wrong.

This isn’t a phase
Pretty Vacant Daze

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments