Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Routine

"I needed a new routine, so I took steps."

7
5 Comments 5
1.3k Views 1.3k
664 words 664 words
On Tuesday, I started a new routine. I identified a self-destructive pattern, which I am so wont to, so I decided it needed to be taken in hand. I was getting up really late. On Monday, I got up at 4PM. Yes, it was for a good reason, which will only be known to the people to whom it is known. My previous routine may sound like a good thing - go to bed when it feels natural, wake up when it feels natural, but in truth, it was harming me. It was turning me into a foul, irritable fool and was affecting my writing.

Yes, a fool. I was losing intelligence because I was sleeping so much, but it wasn’t exactly quality sleep. I was exhausted. For someone so free spirited as me to be allowed to choose their own routine is quite bad. You’d think it would be a good thing, but no, it isn’t.

Exactly what happened was the expected outcome, so something had to change. So, now my routine consists of going to bed at 5 AM and no later than 5:30 AM, getting up at 12-12:30 PM. It seems to work for me, so I’m sticking with it for the time being.

You might think that 12 PM is still a little too late to get up, but there is a reason for it. You see, I don’t do mornings. Now, I know people say that, but then they cope well with them, but I really mean it. I actually feel physically sick in the mornings and so sore I cannot move. Might as well avoid that altogether, if at all possible. And being self employed, it is possible for me. I’m pretty sure there must be a proper name for this phenomenon of not being able to cope with mornings, but whatever it is, I’ve got it.

I was just doing some research there and the five minutes I spent on it, have garnered some results. It seems to be linked to diet, in most cases, but I don’t eat anything prior to bed and so wake up with an empty stomach and no nutrients floating around. It can’t be this. I’d actually be more inclined to believe it’s a psychological problem, which then manifests as a physical one.

My mum also has the same problem, or rather had it, until she was older. I don’t know when she stopped feeling sick in the morning. It looks as if it is linked to age as well, which is good, but also quite annoying. I basically have a medical problem which has no real cause and the only solution is to avoid the cause of it. The cause being morning.

Do you now see my dilemma? I want to be productive, I want to get up earlier, but if I feel nauseated in the morning, how can I? So, avoiding mornings is the best thing for me.

Time for a change of music. Halestorm now. I rather like that band. Actually, I should stop sitting around, writing and actually get some stuff done. Funnily enough, I do have some stuff to do. I have to go to the shops and buy switch cleaner, so I can not only fix my own laptop, but fix another. I need to test a Wii, to see if it is fixable. I may actually just buy a cheap game, just for testing purposes. I usually use my own games, but I’m not really willing to use them, just in case they get messed up.

So, now that I’ve identified that there’s something I need to do, I’ll finish this musing and get it posted. Please, if you see me on Lush, Stories Space, Facebook or Skype, later than 5AM, British time, please ask if I’ve slept yet. I need help keeping to my routine.

Kittylove to y’all!
Andrew =^.^=
Published 
Written by Circle_Something
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments