Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Soul Friend

"More brain dribble"

4
4 Comments 4
989 Views 989
369 words 369 words
I have always felt that we’ve already met. Perhaps in a past life, or maybe a few. Remember the night we met? Chasing that rabbit, just me and you? And the nights we found the wormhole, but we were too afraid to really let go? I know what I know and am blessed to have another mate for my soul. I love holding your hand on our midnight stroll. And those days when we feel that life has taken its toll, and everything has spun outta control, I squeeze your hand, and my soul feels whole.

With you beside me, I fear no attack. I know that if needed, you will always have my back. And when I fall too far off track, you are always there to pick up my slack. For a while, I feel stronger, and I hope you feel me too. On those ugly, stormy nights that leave you feeling blue, remember my friend, I adore you. I truly do. Even when we haven’t time to talk and take our walk, I think of you every day and send lots of light and love your way.

When we are both so tired, and our minds are all spent, we walk hand in hand looking for a space to rent. And we always find it just in time for tea. And when we sit to join them, you sit across from me. Fancy hats, silliness, and laughs so hardy…. Look there’s that rabbit again, the one who is always tardy, or running behind, and in my mind we follow him to see what we will find. And maybe we are slightly mad, in the eyes of those who are mean and sad. And for that, I am glad.

There is no place I would rather be, than where we go when it’s just we. You know when I am lonely, you always see me. You hug me tightly and tell me I am the best me I can be. I softly sing and kiss you on those dark and scary nights and make you giggle under the twinkle lights. I am grateful once again for my Doodle. You are the best girlfriend!

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments