Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Sugar Sweet

"Sweetly Singing"

9
7 Comments 7
681 Views 681
260 words 260 words
I wonder if you see me as you walk on by. Is there anything about me that seems to catch your eye? Or your ears, can you hear my tears? I have gone so many years, living with the same fears, I wish you were near. I wish you could see me really. But you are always too busy.

I wonder if you think that about me. I am too busy to stop and see the glimmer in your eye. I am not too busy, but you often turn away, acting shy. So I don’t pry. I smile as I pass by. When you finally lift your head, sure that I have passed, I turn away, smiling at last. But I too am afraid of meeting your glance. Is this romance?

How long have we been here dancing around to the sound of feet upon the ground? I know I have been lost far often than found. I have been found and then forgotten, but isn’t that always the way? Tell someone you love them and they will look away as if what you said cannot be heard. That is what hurts most of all…loving someone big, who thinks that they are small.

It’s not easy loving me. I often feel unworthy of anybody’s time or attention, never mind affection. And to be honest, even I have a hard time loving me. Loving you is so easy to do; I do it for no one, not even you. I just love you. I just do. 

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments