Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The 'it' the 'other'

"Disclaimer : Read at your own risk ....The IT the OTHER series"

1
1 Comment 1
1.4k Views 1.4k
464 words 464 words

ITS primal fear, always being overshadowed by its peers and its constant act at moulding and remoulding itself into likeable bits. Everything and just about everything about IT is volatile and malleable in a way that nothing of itself remains in its existence. People see IT and think it reminds them of..mmmm…maybe…that one…or this one…of him…and her...but even the audience is quite unable to put their finger on what it actually is in reality.

And then there is the OTHER quite unlike it and again quite like it as well. More so like a paradox that defies boundaries. The other runs parallel to its own and ITS five senses...and then it so happens that at a given point of time…if it is inspired…it embraces it…like battle scars or medals and weaves stories and life around it so much so that it can even make ivy grow on cobwebs.

The embracing of the senses is like a ritual, that intensifies in the end and only faith itself gives the OTHER the intensity and strength to go through it again and again. To put is simply its like a train changing its tracks and with every mile it covers, a new turn awaits, new sights and newer senses welcome its approach. For even the meadow outside the train passing by knows that the greens and the geese and itself are an audience witnessing an evolution and with respect they play their part in being the modest catalyst.

So this is the story of the IT and the OTHER and how when they meet they redefine themselves. Following is an excerpt from the IT the first time it saw the OTHER:

********************************

The ‘OTHER’

(Aerial view : From the author & the IT)

Who is it? What does it do? Where is it that it wants to go? Is it traveling on its own or teaching how to travel this stretch?

I think all this while it was traveling on its own bringing lost travelers back on the ark...but now it is confused 'cause it sees another of its kind...it has slowed down and wants the other to catch up with it...but the other is too busy...it does not want to reach the ark but is creating a human bridge for people to walk over it and reach the ark...

It is selfless and selfish both at the same time...'cause it knows it is being watched and waited for and it makes the wait much longer for the other...so that the 'wait' they share is only theirs...the most private and primitive...and they both know it and just wait till the ark is full and there is just room for two more.

Published 
Written by MileeBanerjeeOGN
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments