Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Wasted Space

"The truth doesn't always set you free"

15
11 Comments 11
892 Views 892
358 words 358 words
Have you ever lost your mind? Lost track of time or forgotten your name? Have you ever looked in the mirror in shame? Have you ever folded and still won the game? Does anything look the same?

Have you ever made promises you are happy to have kept, even though your pillow is soaked with tears wept? Have you ever wondered if it's sleep or slept? Have I? Yes. I have nothing left.

My biggest fear is coming true and there is nothing I can do but wait it out and pray some too. It is slipping. Every day a little more. Who is at the door? I can't remember anymore.

The tormenting proof is I don't know the truth. I guess I never will so I shall place my heart back in that jar upon the windowsill. The places I must go don't call for heart. They have no reason. No end. No start.

If you've ever held my hand or held me close to you, no words can express my gratitude. And if you have ever loved me, I must now confess, I am sorry. My mind is a mess. Yes. Yes. You have heard that all before. Who is at the door?

What day is it and where have I been? I'm not ready to forget and begin again. I'm so tired. Every day I give in. Tomorrow I will wake and not know where I've been. I say I'm crazy and laugh as if it's a silly joke. Nope. I'm giving up hope. I'm told sleep will help me cope.

It doesn't. It just helps pass time. Letting others care, I am guilty of that crime. Something always remains in my heart even though I always wake up lost. Give and receive love no matter what the cost.

Have you ever felt the pain of forgetting your mothers face, even though she's standing right in front of you? My tears fall from grace. My mind is slipping and spilling all over the place. I can't explain it so I wait to be replaced. It doesn't matter where I go, I won't remember this place.
Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments