Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
IM

"The path of true love never runs smoothly..."

5
2 Comments 2
1.7k Views 1.7k
2.2k words 2.2k words
Instant Messenger transactions recovered from hard drive of item #23 recovered from primary location search on 20/1/2009.

BellotheBall says:

Hey there – how r u? Didn't think you'd be online today?

RocketScientist says:

Hi – I'm good thanks – sorting out some crap at home. What's the weather doing over there?

BellotheBall says:

Sunny today. 27C and clear blue skies.

RocketScientist says:

Jammy git – it's been pissing it down here today – it's about 12 degrees and I'm freezing my bollocks off.

BellotheBall says:

LOL – well, it is winter there at the minute and you haven't got me to warm you up.

RocketScientist says:

LOL Too true – but at least it snows at Xmas here.

BellotheBall says:

Hey we have snow here too

RocketScientist says:

Yeah – the artificial kind you get in a spray can ha ha ha

BellotheBall says:

Cheeky

RocketScientist says:

Too true. So how was work today?

BellotheBall says:

Boring – another sales meeting concerning a client I'm due to meet next week in Sydney. Means I'm going to be out of town for a few days :(

RocketScientist says:

Aww, pity – still, you know what they say; absence makes the heart grow fonder

BellotheBall says:

Yeah! :) so did you get around to buying that digital camera I told you about?

RocketScientist says:

I did – and I shall be using it tomorrow when my sister is here – I have no idea how these things work so she'll be able to load up the software so I can put the pictures onto the computer. Then you'll actually be able to see me…although I'm not sure why you want to.

BellotheBall says:

Stop that! I hate it when you do that

RocketScientist says:

What?

BellotheBall says:

Putting yourself down like that. That's my job ;)

RocketScientist says:

Funny girl!

BellotheBall says:

I am – very funny in fact! Hey, did you get the music tracks I put in our shared folder?

RocketScientist says:

I did – never had you pegged as a Nine Inch Nails fan.

BellotheBall says:

I LOVE THAT SONG! I really do – every time I hear Closer I think of you – makes me smile :) makes me other things too... ;)

RocketScientist says:

Aww, now you're making blush.

BellotheBall says:

Why?

RocketScientist says:

You know – hey, it's getting late there – I should let you go.

BellotheBall says:

Yeah – it's nearly 12 and I still need a shower, then I still have a few things to sort out before I go to bed

RocketScientist says:

And I have hoovering to do…mmm, doesn't quite sound the same does it?

BellotheBall says:

LOL no! Anyway, I need to go babe – chat to you tomorrow?

RocketScientist says:

Sure thing – sweet dreams princess.

BellotheBall says:

Of you? You bet! LOL xxxx

RocketScientist says:

Still blushing! Night night, don't let the bed bugs bite, blah, blah, blah xxx

BellotheBall says:

Thanks babe! You're sweet! Have a great day! Mwah!

BellotheBall has ended the conversation.

****

Broadcast from ABC News, Western Australia, 19/1/2009

"…reports are still sketchy here Peter," Jenny Millbank tried to control her voice so that she sounded authoritarian enough for the live news report. This was the third live report she'd given since joining the flagship arm of ABC's national news program and the last thing she wanted to do was screw up live on air. "But it has been confirmed that at just after lunchtime today the Ambassador of the breakaway Republic of Tekmenistan was killed as he left the Russian Embassy."

"Do the authorities have any leads on who might have done this?" Peter Lawson said from within the main studio.

"Nothing official has been released," Jenny answered, holding the microphone tightly. "However an eye witness has approached me to say that they saw a figure on a motorcycle open fire on the Ambassador with what appears to be a machine gun."

"Has there been any suggestion that this attack is linked to the recent allegations that Tekmenistan has been providing support and logistics to terrorist cells?" Peter asked.

"Again Peter, we have no official word on that angle, although I would say that it will be something that the authorities will be looking into." Jenny said. "This is Jenny Millbank for ABC News…"

****

Excerpts of Instant Messenger transactions recovered from hard drive of item #86 recovered from secondary location search on 13/2/2009.

RocketScientist says:

So, how's the new laptop working out?

BellotheBall says:

Great! Can you believe some bastard would steal my old one? I'm furious about it!

RocketScientist says:

I'll bet you are – I still can't believe that it was the only thing stolen from your hotel room.

BellotheBall says:

Yeah – could have been worse. So, do you know anyone who wants to buy a motorcycle? One careful owner

RocketScientist says:

Yours?

BellotheBall says:

Er, no – a friend of mine is selling it – apparently she hasn't got any use for it anymore.

RocketScientist says:

Well, I'm not really a biker – but my mate Al is – I'll ask him! LOL

BellotheBall says:

Can he be here tomorrow? I think she wants to get rid of it sooner rather than later…

RocketScientist says:

Doubtful – so did the sales trip go according to plan?

BellotheBall says:

Perfectly – although it looks like we'll have to find another buyer – this one wasn't interested.

RocketScientist says:

Shame – did you have a good time in Sydney though?

BellotheBall says:

Of course I did – missed you though – a whole week without speaking to you and I have to go away on another promotional trip to New York on the 25th

RocketScientist says:

I missed you too – pity I'm not in New York next week – we could have actually met!

BellotheBall says:

Yeah – that would be cool – anyway, gotta go, someone here to look at the bike.

RocketScientist says:

Catch you later then!

BellotheBall says:

Ciao! Mwah! xxx

BellotheBall has ended the conversation.

****

Extracts from NYPD notes on Yuri DeAngelo, found dead at his apartment located at 858 West 85th Street, 27/2/2009

Entrance to the apartment seems to have been via the window – evidence of tampering with the glass from the outside would indicate that the suspect entered from outside, possibly using some sort of platform or rope to rappel down from the roof.

Preliminary examination of the body indicates that DeAngelo was possibly poisoned – puncture wounds on his neck would support that thesis, although coroner's report will confirm this one way or the other.

Final thought – whoever did this was either a professional or a certified whacko. Prefer the professional angle – otherwise we have a nut-job impersonating Spider-Man in the city. Note to self – pick up comic books from Jim Hanley's Universe for Dean on way home.

****

Instant Messenger transactions picked up by FBI wire tap #2349558, 23/3/2009

BellotheBall says:

Are you avoiding me?

RocketScientist says:

No. Why?

BellotheBall says:

You've been really short with me lately – thought I'd done something wrong :( you've stopped flirting with me and I haven't had a dirty e-mail off you in weeks

RocketScientist says:

No – just been really busy with work – things are going a bit apeshit lately – they are talking about moving us to Switzerland at the end of the summer!

BellotheBall says:

Switzerland? What's there?

RocketScientist says:

A great big particle accelerator.

BellotheBall says:

What? Wait a minute, you really are a rocket scientist?

RocketScientist says:

Hardly – theoretical physicist.

BellotheBall says:

Wow! Well, I was going to e-mail you about this but I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you – I'm coming to London for a sales meeting in April.

RocketScientist says:

Cool – it should have stopped raining by then

BellotheBall says:

Yeah! And I want to meet you

RocketScientist says:

Really? You actually want to meet me? I thought you were just yanking my crank when you said that before.

BellotheBall says:

No I do – once my business is all taken care of then we can spend a couple of days together & you can show me the sights LOL

RocketScientist says:

Seriously? You actually want to do this?

BellotheBall says:

I'm dead serious – please don't let me down

RocketScientist says:

Okay I won't

BellotheBall says:

Thanks. Look, I have to go…

RocketScientist says:

Yeah – shower and bed, right?

BellotheBall says:

LOL yeah. See you soon babe! Mwah! xx

RocketScientist says:

See you soon xx

RocketScientist has ended the conversation

****

YouTube footage from user TobyE1976, 17/4/2009

"Ladies and Gents, this is the latest entry in my video journal," The face was badly lit – whatever camera he was using was definitely set for over-exposure. "And it's a doozy. I was having a drink at the TiGo bar on the patio area – you know, that new place just off Oxford Street – when this drop dead gorgeous woman walks across the street, approaches a guy sitting about two tables away from me and just shoots him in the face." He took a drink from a coke can off-screen.

"I mean, it was just so intense! She just shoots this guy in the face and turns to walk away." He paused. "Now, that's scary enough – everyone around me was screaming and yelling – but the next bit that happened was just surreal. The woman turned around and started to walk away when she just stopped dead in her tracks. Then I saw this other guy standing about twenty feet away and his face was as white as a sheet. He turned around just pegged it out of there – like shit off a shovel!" He took another drink.

"At this point, the gun girl is screaming at the guy to stop and come back I think – she had a weird accent, Australian maybe – and goes running off after him." He paused again. "So, I told the Police about it but the guy she shot was a goner, absolutely no doubt about that."

****

Instant Messenger transaction intercepted on an unencrypted connection, 17/4/2009

BellotheBall says:

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am. I never wanted you to find out like that.

RocketScientist says:

Sorry? Sorry? WTF? I could have died!

BellotheBall says:

I would never have let that happen to you I swear – please forgive me David.

RocketScientist says:

I don't know what hurts more – the fact that you've lied to me from the start Becky or the fact that you couldn't tell me the truth as to why you came to London – what am I? Some sort of fringe benefit? Some one you can just shag when you're in town? Let me guess, you've got other blokes in all the other cities you go and kill people in.

BellotheBall says:

Nononononononono – please Dave don't do this – I care about you and now everything is fucked up.

RocketScientist says:

Everything is fucked up? That's the fucking understatement of the year! Just when were you planning on telling me the truth?

BellotheBall says:

Dave, please – I'm crying my eyes out here – please just come back to the hotel so I can explain everything to you in person.

RocketScientist says:

What? More like put a bullet in my head! I've dated some crazy women in the past but you top the list right now.

BellotheBall says:

No! Dave please, listen to me, I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you – it's insane but I love you

RocketScientist says:

What? What did you just say?

BellotheBall says:

I love you – meeting up with you just sort of confirmed it :(

RocketScientist says:

I don't know what to say. I love you too but this is too much for me to take in. I have to go.

BellotheBall says:

Dave, don't – let's just talk about this.

RocketScientist says:

I'm sorry Becky.

RocketScientist has ended the conversation

****

Instant Messenger transactions found on hard drive of desktop system recovered from private residence, 1/8/2009

RocketScientist says:

Hey there

BellotheBall says:

OMG – how r u?

RocketScientist says:

Shite – you?

BellotheBall says:

Terrible – everything has gone downhill since London

RocketScientist says:

Yeah – same here. Look, I didn't tell the Police anything – other than I saw someone shoot the guy, then I turned and ran.

BellotheBall says:

I know – my employers wanted to check how badly I'd been compromised so they hacked into the Metropolitan Police computer system to view the statement records.

RocketScientist says:

Jesus. Good job I'm moving soon then.

BellotheBall says:

Oh yeah, Switzerland right?

RocketScientist says:

Right. Speaking of which, my cab will be here to pick me up in about an hour, so I just thought that I'd say goodbye.

BellotheBall says:

So, this is it then? We're not going to speak again?

RocketScientist says:

We haven't spoken in over 3 months. Take care of yourself Becky.

BellotheBall says:

I wish things were different

RocketScientist says:

Me too – but they are what they are. I really have to go Becky – for what it's worth, I'm sorry.

RocketScientist has ended the conversation

****

E-mail received by Human Resources Department, 1/9/2008

From: Rebecca Henderson

To: Janet Lloyd, HR Director

I'm aware that you've already sent two operatives looking for me – I'm sure you've assumed that they're failure to report back is because they are dead, and you'd be right. If you continue to send people to look for me, or target people I care about, I'll send them back to you in pieces.

Simply put: leave me alone. I've done more than enough of your dirty work for you to afford me this one courtesy. If you don't then I can't be held responsible for what happens next.

Rebecca

Published 
Written by Mark
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments