Find your next favourite story now
Login

Mystery Stories

Mysteries focus on puzzles, unexplained phenomena, crime (including murder), where clues are cleverly disguised throughout the story.

Both the reader and the mystery-solver will be led toward a suspense-filled ending that culminates in the solving of the mystery, often with surprising results.

Tick Tick

Annie Windsor, a young adult in the 1930's starts work at a mental asylum.

"A mental asylum!" Sam's eyes grew wide and concerned at the thought of my new job offer. "Annie! You said no of course?""No, I took the job.""Annie! So you are as crazy as you look," he teased. Sam lightly nudged my arm and my heart leapt. I couldn't hel...

Sitting in the bar is a man. He's never been seen before. Questions expressed by everyone's faces. "What to drink?" Asked the waitress. "Water will do." The man replies quickly. Away walks the waitress to the bar.  The man rises from his seat. Silence fil...

Anonymous

Love Is Stupid

There is nothing quite like love.

Love, such a simple stupid notion, I was so far, so deep into her green eyes, I couldn't tell what was up or down. I watched her swing back and forth trying to reach for the sky, her thick auburn hair flowing through the wind. A blazing fire contained wit...

Help For Empathy

A boy named John who protected the aquatic creatures in a park for emotions

Formerly there was a wild water park in a city and attractions of the park included greenery, entertainments etc. Within the park there was a huge water pond where many aquatic animals like tortoises and various types of fish used to subsist. Many people...

The Milkshake Murders of Fraternity Row (Chapter One)

This chapter talks about a rather interesting inspection routine at a police station.

CHAPTER ONE: BRINGING IN THE SUSPECTS 9:45:10 am June 13 th , 2013 Ninety-Two Degrees Fahrenheit Seven teenagers, between the ages sixteen and nineteen, slowly walked up to the front doors of the Pascal J. Schultz Detention Center with irritated, frighten...

The Blues

The quest to find out why his best friend committed suicide because of the blues.

Jason’s suicide shattered our lives. I was his best friend since second grade at Sherman Elementary School. We went to Hidden Valley Camp in Maine every summer, played little league baseball and damn it, we spent almost every day together. How could I not...

Benevolent spirit

Haunted by a hungry ghost!

Once again she had awoken late, which was unlike her, and in her dressing gown and slippers, surveyed her living room, surprised at what she saw. It wasn’t as she knew it, and what she was used to. It was different. It was tidy. Margaret Hayes was 65, and...

Quickly but cautiously Jason made his way through the back-alley. He didn't want to be seen, so he slipped from shadow to shadow, until he reached his goal, a sturdy wooden garden door in a well maintained whitewashed fence. Carefully he tried the handle....

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

"Benjamin! Dude, how is work going?" Josh Andersen asked as he sat down by Benjamin. Ben hadn't been at the local bar for very long, when his long time friend showed up. He wasn't surprised that he ran into him. Josh talked about a girl that worked there....

Revenge of the Ginger

An unexpected holiday, time travel and a cat. - A story from three different points of view

“What do you mean you haven’t seen my sister in two weeks?” Kim shouted. “She kept to herself the whole time,” the receptionist shrugged. “How was I supposed to know she went missing? She paid the room upfront. I don’t go snooping into my guests’ private...

City of the Dead

A sarcastic stone statue, a Victorian ghost and a humorous skeleton help solve the ultimate mystery.

City of the Dead “You look like a corpse.” Those were not nice words to hear upon waking up. I sat up and clutched my head. Ugh. Worst. Hangover. Ever. Now the biggest question of all: Was last night’s party worth it? “Don’t worry,” a voice with a Scottis...

The Milkshake Murders of Fraternity Row (Prologue)

This prologue describes the story's setting with a history of how it came to existence.

There is a town called Fraternity Row. It's a pretty small town with four small neighborhoods (that range from very rich to the not-so-rich) and an area that reminds the Fraternity Row elderly of Hoovervilles in World War II. Those who traveled in the Fra...

Crossing the Shadows (Chapter Two)

In Chapter two Ella and Charlie have now moved into College.

I played with the piece of paper in my hands. I had finally graduated, I was done with high school and I would be leaving for college soon, although it wasn't soon enough. I played with the sleeve of Joshua's jacket as Ella walked over to me, her parents...

Crossing the Shadows (Chapter One)

A horrible tragedy has just happened and it is Charlie's first day back to school.

I looked at the wide double doors of Pittsford Area High School. The black paint over the metal seemed to mock me in a way I couldn't understand. I knew kids would stare at me, whisper to each other and snicker at me. It all had happened so fast that I wa...

Windmill Craters

Investigation into the formation of craters near windmills.

Frank had maintained an interest in wind farms for a long time. Often he’d gaze at them, the majesty of the blades as they circled was beautiful. He knew they generated electricity without a carbon foot print and was concerned that some people protested a...