Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
A Second Chance Part 5

2
2 Comments 2
1.1k Views 1.1k
679 words 679 words
Loni could not recall the last time she had enjoyed herself this much. She was able to be totally herself and not receive raised eyebrow looks from her fiancée or his parent because of her speech or mannerisms. She laughed loudly at the X rated jokes and told a few of her own. She joined in many conversations and people were surprised that she could talk on a variety of subjects.

Due to her looks and poise, many believed that she was a former model herself that was helping out because she was dating Dan Logan. She just smiled to herself when she heard these rumors, her looks had always been a hamper. The old school considered her to be too attractive to be taken seriously.

Between shows they stayed backstage and talked. She told him about her degrees she had earned and the fact that was studying for her Doctorate. He only interrupted her a few times to ask an explanation of a term she used.

The only tense moment was when he apologized for being stupid and needed explanations. Anger flashed in her grey eyes and she asked him to lean into her. When he did, she smacked him across the face.

"Don't you ever put yourself down in front of me using that term. You not stupid, you just think that you are," she hissed angrily.

"You are wrong and I can prove it," he said, as he stood up and taking her by the hand.

He led her into the store that the stage butted up against. It was in the process of being renovated and while the construction crew worked on the upper floors, the first floor was used for the show. It was packed with racks of dresses and they were numerous and makeup tables.

Most of the bright lights were off and it was deserted as the next show wasn't for a few hours.

He led her around the corner, stopped and turned to face her. He wrapped her in his strong arms, as he placed his lips on hers. Loni received the longest and most passionate tongue she had gotten in a long time. Loni responded by letting her purse slip off her arms and she embraced him.

He stroked her long red hair and her back as he kissed her. His hands eventually wound up gently caressing her butt through her tight skirt.

"See, you are wrong about my being stupid. You are engaged and I don't care, I want you all to myself. If that's not stupid then I don't know what is," he told her softly

This time Loni made the first move and placed both of her hands on the back of his head and pressed his lips tighter against hers, matching his passion.

"If you're stupid then so am I," she responded into his ear.

A few hours later, as she watched him work the crowd from the stage her mind was a whirlwind of activity. She didn't feel guilty for her actions and began to question why. Her thoughts were interrupted by one of the dressers asking her for assistance.

"So, are you his girlfriend?" one of the models asked.

"We have been friends for quite awhile," Loni responded as she zipped the girl into a long flowing gown.

"Just friends? I think not. You two make such a great couple," the girl responded adjusting her veil, "The air crackles with energy when you two are together."

Around noon, the mall provided a large sandwich tray, two dozen pizza's and a chestful of soft drinks for all the volunteers. They ate their lunch and dinner from these goodies. Eight o'clock signaled the last show of the day and that meant they would soon part company.

"So, how about a drink?" he asked after collecting his check.

"Sure. Where?"

"How about my place?" he asked and she swore she saw him blush at the suggestion.

Her educated side told her to politely decline the invitation and go home.

"Lead the way," was all she said.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments