Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Conquering The Friendzone

"**True story about my friend, a girl, and I"

1
0 Comments 0
1.5k Views 1.5k
929 words 929 words
Hello Everyone! This is my first story so I would LOVE feedback. Thanks and enjoy! 

My friend and I go way back. His name is Andy. We were best friends in middle school, attended the same high school and college, and even work at the same office currently. We are both salesman as well. There is also a girl in this story. Her name is Natalie. Natalie is a beautiful girl. Her face is clear and smooth, her personality is golden, and her laugh is so sweet and pure that it makes everyone happy. We are really good friends. However, I wanted to be more than friends. I told my friend, Andy, that at lunch one Thursday. I told him I planned to ask her out on Friday and ask her out to a BBQ that weekend that our friend Seth was hosting. He just nodded and said good luck. I didn't suspect anything at the time, but things change.

FRIDAY
I woke up early as usual and I got ready for work. I showered for over 20 minutes, shaved thoroughly, and put on a new cologne. I then went to get dressed. I usually am lackadaisical at work and wear just a plain color tie and long sleeve button down shirt, but today was the day. I wore a very expensive tie and put on a new suit I recently purchased. I spruced up my hair and put gel in it (I have long hair) and walked out the door.

I went to work and Natalie and I acted like we always did; talking when we could, messing with others, and betting on stuff that happens in the office. Then lunchtime came. I planned to ask her out when we closed, but my friend Andy had other plans. I went to go find Natalie and Andy and eat lunch with them as usual, but I couldn't find either of them. I searched the entire office and still nothing. I just thought she went on a business call or something so I ate alone. What I didn't know is that Andy and Natalie were eating lunch together, and Andy asked her out. When I finally saw her she looked really happy. So I asked her why she was so happy and she said that she was just asked out by my friend Andy. 

My heart sank. I could not believe my FRIEND would do that to me! I was enraged! I couldn't even look at him...

SUNDAY BBQ
I ended up not going. I couldn't stand seeing him with her! It drove me CRAZY! I was in such a great depression that I couldn't stand even looking at Natalie! I tried everything to get over it. I even tried getting a girlfriend. It worked, but I broke up with her. I knew I didn't actually like her so there was no point. Natalie and I were still friends at the office and it was fine but whenever Andy came to pick her up or whatever I just stopped and looked down. He knew what he did as well, but it didn't faze him so much. Things were about to get way worse for me though...

ABOUT A YEAR LATER
Guess what? He asked her to marry him. And she said yes! That was it! I blew it! I demanded my manager to transfer me and he accepted my demands. Oh my God, was it terrible. I cut off all communication with Natalie and I hated my life at that moment!

Things were about to get better though... many months went by and there was no marriage date set. I found this really odd. I later found out that the relationship was not working out and Andy treated Natalie like dirt. I saw this as my chance and put everything on the line. I drove back to the office a week after I found out and saw her outside her car. I stopped her. Before she could say anything I told her how much I love her and that Andy is a d**k and he doesn't deserve an amazing girl like herself and I thought she was a very charming and beautiful girl. I basically put everything on the line for this. Sadly though, she said no. She said how she wanted to be friends, but I said that was stupid, I wanted to be more than friends. I gave up and walked away. Later that night though I got a call from Natalie. She said to meet her at her apartment complex.

THAT NIGHT
I drove down to her apartment building and waited in the lobby. The employee said that he would call her room first. He told me she said she will come down so I just said thanks. The second she came down I tried to apologize for being distant and awkward and being more awkward the second I came back, but she embraced me and said how I was so right and that it was horrible with Andy. I was overjoyed. I kissed her right then and there, and we are now an amazing couple. Andy didn't handle the break up that well, but he got over it. We still don't talk, but I love Natalie. I plan on marrying her.

So for all you people that are single and are in the friend-zone, don't get down on yourself! Love will come to you. You just need to put a little force in and go for it! Something is bound to happen, something always does happen!

Published 
Written by Jim0518
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors