Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Ocean Away

4
4 Comments 4
925 Views 925
977 words 977 words
Smelling rain in the air and it seems as if it’s coming again and hits like a new form of emotion, and feeling it hit like a shotgun blast as it seems to tear me apart and rips open all the memories that have been filed away. As situations unfold and run through my head and remembering all the bitterness and ridicule that I felt and suffered, and now sitting shaken and afraid of all that seems to be coming forth as the rain begins to fall and I am so lost for you, and it seems as though the dark side has called and not knowing what is real and wonder if I should cross that line?

Closing my eyes and seeing you walking out of the shadows just like something made of dreams, and wondering if I reach out will you just melt and fade away like the mists in the hours before the dawn’s dark light? Needing you here with me and you know where you can find me as I feel you when you reach out to try to touch me. And a lifetime can seem forever and I have seen shadows every day and night of all the things we have wanted as I walk past them. And it helps to remember all of those things and I can feel you in my heart and mind as I wonder if you do the same?

For you are the best thing I have found and in these revision filled times we live in you are the only sure thing I can count on, I know I might have made a mess of things at time but always tried to clean it up myself and do the best I can as I feel you lend a hand. It’s all right to go riding around in the breeze and maybe wonder what tomorrow will bring with you by my side.

With both of us asking for peace for our hearts and you hold the key to all of those hopes and fears I carry in me, and giving to you all of my tomorrows even if you say that I might have lost some of my faith and sense of direction. I just know that I have never lost my faith in you or us though I might seem I am like a lost soul in a lost world, and if I ever lose my faith in you I have nothing there left to lose and every time I close my eyes I see you standing there. Though maybe at times our dreams toss and turn us now and then but some were meant to last forever as we do all we can.

Subtleties may threaten to strangle us and when the darkness finally turns to light all will be right, as we both feel those weights being lifted as I see you come again to dance again under the star filled skies, and knowing that we have a love we call all our own as we set a course for better days and head for a secret escape. Across those fields full of those butterflies and see those laughing eyes with a smile like a sunrise that eclipses all, and find those things only we can give each other while we are alive as the world begins again with all things forgiven.

Heading off to a brand new start as you whisper in my ear of all your dreams and hopes, as you feel what you truly are when I hold you and what you truly are is beautiful as I try to do all to make you complete, and just put your arms around me and hold me tight when I start to stumble and fall and be there in the end holding my hand. And use your heart to mend me when I start to fall apart and drive the pain away to those places that are unknown. For you are in my heart and my blood and because of you I am never alone as long as you are there and I THANK YOU! As I stand here looking you in the eye I see all the distance and the years fall away and together we can do anything.

So come to me and be with me now as you walk through my doorway out of those shadows in the hall, as I wait to hear from you and hear the peace of your voice and beating of your heart as you stand here close to me. While we look to the skies to try and see the beginning of time and float along together on this ocean as we sail away, and though at times I feel like the disease instead of the cure and with you all seems to be healed as you come and show me. And I know all I have to do is kiss the rain and soon you will be here pointing me to where you are standing.

Nothing left to fear when you are here as we lift each other up from the wreckage from the past. As I stand here watching you working on a smile as you quietly sing those songs you know as you rise and shine, and seeing you do a little soft shoe action with a dip and gentle sway as you dance a bit with your laughing eyes. And it all comes from deep inside you where your true beauty resides that will never die or ever come undone, as I hear you call my name and see you reflected deep in my eyes for you are such a part of me and need you more. Wanting you for all of a lifetime for what Heaven may have in store.

Copyright March 2009 – 9: Timberwolf International LTD.



Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments