Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Powerful Love - Chapter Ten

"All that worry for nothing"

4
4 Comments 4
1.3k Views 1.3k
793 words 793 words
Chapter Ten - Nick

I sit at my desk working on my maths homework when my I hear my phone’s text tone go off. I check it and see that it is from Oasis.

I need to talk to you, can we video chat later?

I quickly reply and tell her I’ll be on at seven before setting my phone aside and getting back to my homework. I sit there looking at the questions on compound interest trying to figure them out but I can’t seem to concentrate. I start wondering what it is Oasis wants to talk to me about. I leave my homework on the desk and grab my copy of Gran Turmiso 6. I quickly put it in my PlayStation 3 and boot up my saved game. I sit there playing my game until my mum calls me down for dinner at about six o’clock. I quickly run down stairs and set the table for dinner. Once the table is set mum brings out mashed potatoes and curried sausages. I serve myself up a plate but my stomach is churning from worrying about what Oasis has to talk to me about.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” my mum asks, as she sits down. She noticed that straight away that something is wrong with me.

“It’s just a message I got off Oasis earlier,” I tell her after a small internal debate. “She said she wanted to talk to me.”

“Oh, she probably just misses you. It’s nothing to be worried about,” Mum tells me in a soothing tone.

I nod my head before I quickly eat my dinner making sure to eat what I would normally eat. Once I’ve finished eating my dinner I head back up to room. I quickly pull out my laptop and set up my internet and log on to my favourite chat site and wait for Oasis to log on. I sit there waiting for half an hour before she logs on. I quickly send her a chat request, she has accepted the request before I have a chance to get nervous again.

“Hello,” I say giving her a small wave.

“Hey, Nick,” Oasis says with a small smile.

“So what did you need to talk to me about?” I ask, starting to feel nervous.

“Taylor showed up at my house today while I was at my riding practice. I had to call Minerva, get her to put me on the phone to him and I had to threaten him with telling my dad and with calling the police. He listened to me this time but I don’t know how long he will leave us alone for,” She tells me in a rush.

“He did what?” I ask in shock.

“He showed up at my house and was talking to my dad, Minerva was telling me, so I told her to put him on the phone, she did and I told him if he came near me, my family, you or your family again I would tell my dad what he did to me and that I would then contact to the police. He tried to tempt me and see if I was lying.” She explains. “I told him to get the hell out of my house or I would do it and for him not to tempt me. He left but I think he’ll try again.”

“Well, I won’t let him hurt you if I’m around,” I tell her, happy to know that she isn’t upset with me.

“Thank you,” she says with a bright smile. “I have some good news to tell you as well.”

“Oh, yeah. What is it?” I ask cheering up to see her so excited.

“Juliet is going to be coming with us this weekend to watch me compete. It is such a huge competition that it will be great to have her support. I can’t wait for you meet her and Marina,” She tells me sounding really excited.

“I can’t wait to meet her either,” I tell her with a smile. “Maybe I could go for a ride on Marina.”

“Maybe, but you’ll need to pack boots if you want to ride,” She says with a small giggle. “Juliet said she can’t wait to meet you too.”

I quickly look over at the pile of homework sitting on my desk and heave a sigh. “I better get going I have to finish some homework and pack my stuff for this weekend.” I tell her.

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” She says blowing me a kiss and signing off.

I pack up my laptop and set about doing everything I have to do for tomorrow.

Published 
Written by nekala20
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments