Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Proof of Life Chapter 2

"Nagisa drags Aaron around to buy manga, anime, and figurines and rants about a serious subject."

2
2 Comments 2
1.0k Views 1.0k
819 words 819 words
Treatment Two


The events after that were really something. My classmates asked me continuously about how the run for cancer went. Their mouths hit the floor when I told how much I earned.

"How the hell do you do it?"

It was funny when they freaked out.

"So, Aaron. Do have any plans after our lectures end?"

Not again. This girl, Amane, always tries to ask me out. Each time I've refused her, but she just doesn't get the hint.

"I'm busy. I have to go take care of someone at Saint Hope's."

"No way. You're someone's nurse, Aaron?"

"That's right. I'll be going everyday, so no free time."

Damn. She's glaring. I wish she'd leave me alone.

"Anyway, it's time for the next lecture. Bye, Amane."

For the rest of my lectures I threw myself into note taking so I could forget her obsession.

My lectures ended around 10 a.m., so I took the opportunity to quickly leave the campus before Amane caught sight of me. I made it past the gate without any problems.

"Alright. Here I come, Nagisa."

I can't wait to spend time with Nagisa.

I made it to Saint Hope's in under ten minutes, thanks to my motorcycle.

"Damn, I'm a little nervous."

I'm glad I was allowed to help, but does the kid even want my help? I kept thinking up different scenarios until I realized I was at Nagisa's room. Knock knock. The door opens, Ryo standing in the doorway.

"Aaron, come in."

I followed Ryo, a little hesitant.

"Nagisa. Aaron's here."

I went to take a look at Nagisa, but I started staring instead.

"Hi, Nagisa."

I quickly regained my composure.

"Hi."

His smile. How cute! I decided to smile back.

"He's a pervert, Nagisa. It's better if you stay here."

That's the kid that was yelling at Nagisa yesterday.

"Lee, watch it."

Ryo scolded him. I'm even more uncomfortable! I've got to ease the mood.

"Hey, Ryo. Can I have some time to talk to Nagisa?"

"Sure. In the meantime, I'll take this one with me."

Ryo took hold of the boy, pushing him out in a wheelchair.

"Hey, what're ya doin', Doc Ryo? Don' leave Nagisa with that pervert! Hey!"

That's the first time I've been called a pervert.

"Don't be mad at Lee. He's like that with everyone.

"I'm not mad. I've just never been called a pervert before."

Nagisa is pacing the room. He's nervous.

"Nagisa," I called, taking a seat.

"Yeah?"

"You don't have to be nervous. I'll be taking care of you, but you can treat me like you do with everyone. Okay?"

I'm hoping that would help him relax some. His shoulders slinked down a little and his face was free from tension.

Good. He's relaxed.

"Um..."

"Yeah?"

"Can we go into town?

That was the sentence he asked me. I wonder. Is he testing my capability? If so, I'm gonna prove to him that he can trust me.

"Sure. Where do you wanna go?"

When he said 'town', I should've asked if he meant the one near Saint Hope's. I didn't think he meant Akihabara! Well, either way, he looks happy.

"Hey, Nagisa. Slow down a bit!"

"Why?"

His face is so bright.

"No reason. Just take it easy."

"Okay."

He was still a bit hyper, but he changed his pace.

"So, exactly what type of manga are you buying?"

"BL and romance. I usually only buy those two genres."

BL and romance. Doesn't BL stand for Boys Love?

"So, you're interested in two boys loving each other?"

He stopped to turn around. Nagisa's eyes grew serious, as if a flame had ignited.

"I believe gays have every right to be open about themselves. They're no different than anyone else. They're human just like hetero couples, only their preferences are different. I don't understand why people think they can degrade them and decide whether they can get married or not. It's not fair!"

Wow! It's only been a day, but between this morning and what little I heard yesterday, this is the most he's spoke. Plus, this topic seems to really piss him off. It's like he's talking about himself.

"Ah!"

"Aaron?"

Could he be? Not that I hate gays. Every friend I have is gay. Plus, they're either married or have a boyfriend.

"Hey, Aaron. Did you hear me?"

"Uh, sorry. What'd you say?"

He's really mad.

"I asked if you were okay."

His tone was filled with annoyance.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Where are we headed next?"

His expression went soft, he smiled back. I managed to divert his attention back to manga, but... how will he react if I ask him? Should I ask him?

Our day ended with a mountain load of bags filled with manga, anime, and figurines. I thought to myself, 'Just where is he getting the money for all this and where's he gonna put it?'

Published 
Written by Akizuki
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments