Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Teacher's Pet

8
9 Comments 9
2.3k Views 2.3k
1.4k words 1.4k words
Just a glance across the street and she was there. The memories flooded back into my mind.

It was a fragrant spring day. The cherry blossoms were making the soft breezes enticing and rather sensual. She had been there in those days long ago. And now here she was. I hadn't expected to ever see her again, but here she was.

I remembered that first day I had seen her. I was a returning veteran having just completed service in the Gulf War. I was there at that university to finish my degree where I had left off and get on with my life. This was a class in Spanish that I needed. She was the instructor, Señora Tompkins. Teresa Tompkins.

The lady was in her thirties. I wasn't sure how old she was, really. I was twenty-two years old and not too sure of myself in this world of academia. I hadn't been in school for four years. Not since I flunked out of my freshman year in college and went into the Navy. But I did know one thing. She was attractive as hell. I was smitten from the moment I walked into the classroom.

Back at that time, Sheryl Crow was popular on the music charts. Teresa reminded me of her in some ways. Blonde hair and strikingly attractive features. The same slightly lop-sided smile that made you want to get to know her. In many ways.

I didn't get to call her Teresa for many months. She called me Carlos from the first day because my name was Charles. At first, she was always Señora Tompkins and she was obviously married. I would spend most of every period in her classroom just watching her move. Her body was curvaceous and supple. I watched the delightfully lovely expressions passing over her face as she attempted to get us to learn Spanish. She spoke the language with both her voice and her body. Sensual and tempting.

She loved the language and struggled to get us to love it too. She mostly failed but I was at least trying to keep up with her and she appreciated that. I could see that in her smile when she greeted us at the beginning of each session. That smile could make me stir inside every time. It stirred me outside on occasion too. More than once my glances and blushes may have been obvious to her. I wondered if she noticed the physical effect she had on me.

Some of my fellow students noticed. I was teased a little by some of the males. Not much, though. I was rather shy when it came to women, but I wasn't taking any guff from boys. They were just boys to me. I simply ignored the whispers of 'teacher's pet' that I heard occasionally.

The semester passed and I admit I had some problems. Not just in school but personally. I was in and out of relationships. A date here and another there. Never finding anyone that seemed to be the one. But I did get to see Teresa every school day. The class met Monday through Friday so I could depend upon her smile to brighten most of the week.

Finals week was upon us. The final exam with Señora Tompkins was just finishing up. For me, it was the last session of the day and I was in no hurry to leave as others gathered their books to depart. I rose up as the last student passed through the open door. I walked up to Teresa as she was arranging all of the final exams on her desk.

She glanced up and gave me that smile. She spoke to me in Spanish and I was happy to respond in the same way. I thanked her for being such a good teacher. I hoped I'd see her again in another class the next semester. She looked down and I noticed that her shoulders slumped slightly.

"What is it, Señora? Are you okay?"

"It's nothing. It's not your concern, Carlos." She turned away quickly and dusted her hands off.

"Bueno. Well, I'll see you later then. Teresa." I started to leave. I felt her hand on my sleeve.

"Look, Carlos. I want you to know I was glad to have you in class. A good student. So let me just be honest with you. I won't be around after this semester. I'll be leaving. It doesn't concern you. It's personal. I mean, my husband and I are having problems. Not your concern. Buena suerte, Carlos."

It just rose up in me. The urge, the need, the feeling that I couldn't let it pass me by. The chance. I dropped my bag on the floor, grabbed her arms with my hands, and drew her to me. She didn't struggle at all. Our lips met and merged and we were together. My arm held her tightly now and my other hand was caressing her blonde hair. She moaned.

She broke away, staring at me. Then her eyes went to the open door. There would be another class coming in soon. I heard footsteps on the wooden floor in the hallway. Her hand reached upward, gently touched my cheek, then she dropped her hand and turned away.

I gathered my things from the floor and went out, passing a couple of students. 

That was twenty years ago. The first time I have ever taken a chance like that. Now here she was.

Crossing the street, I dodged a car or two, getting a blast of a horn for my troubles, but I arrived at her table and grinned down at her. She looked up as my shadow crossed her face. And there it was. That crooked Sheryl Crow smile.

"Carlos. How are you? Siéntate por favor. Sit."

I did sit. And then took her hand.

"I tried. You know, they don't give out personal information to students about instructors? What happened to you, Teresa. I tried."

"Don't be a silly boy, Carlos. You had no reason to get involved in my mess. And really, that was a lifetime ago. You were perfect that day. Just what I needed. You let me know that I was still attractive, wanted. But I never thought you'd wish to get mixed up in an older woman's problems."

She giggled like a young girl.

"I mean, I could almost be your mother."

"Now you're being silly, Teresa. So tell me. How did things go for you? Did you and your husband fix your problems?"

"No. No. That's over and done with long ago. And my second husband decided just this last year that his young secretary needed him more than I did. So my problems are fixed, in a way. They're both out of my life."

As she spoke my grip on her hand had tightened. I could feel her trembling a little. Her words were not describing how she was actually affected by her troubles. She may have wanted to seem blasé about it all, but clearly she wasn't. I leaned forward.

"More fools they. Lucky me. Are you free this evening?"

I looked into her blue eyes where a little tear had formed and trickled down one cheek. She gave me her smile.

"Yes. I'm free. I'm here for a conference and I was dining with some other professors, but I can get out of that. Where shall we meet?"

We met at her hotel. We dined there in the hotel restaurant. We caught up. I had never married. I'd lived with a woman for years, but that had finally ended when she left for someone who wanted children. I never had wanted that.

And I discovered that Teresa had no children either. She was a full professor at her university. I was a free-lance writer. And neither of us had personal obligations. I walked her up to her room. She slid her card and opened her room door. She stepped in through the open door and gestured for me to follow.

"Shut it. Lock it."

I did that. This time we could simply close the open door. No more students arriving momentarily.

Her arms encircled my neck drawing my lips down to hers. I kissed her gently. I was just a little more experienced now. More than the first time. But it felt just like the first time all over again.

"Si, Carlos. Si, mi vida. So sweet."

"You're mine now. Mine. You're mine, Teresa. I've waited so long. Mine now."

Published 
Written by Survivor
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments