Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Blind Date chapter two

"Continuing story of the love birds"

4
4 Comments 4
1.4k Views 1.4k
2.3k words 2.3k words
This is written as a stand alone story but might be better understood by reading the first chapter

Bill and Veronica had fallen in love under unusual circumstances.

They had met on a blind date set up by his friend, Don, and Don's object of desire, Kathy. They were attracted to each other from the first sight. At least Bill was, as the second he laid eyes on the beautiful Veronica he was stricken with a bad case of love or lust, take your pick. There's not much difference at his age of the early twenties.

As Veronica, or Ronnie, as she preferred to be called, was just going to move to his town, Bill helped her and her parents move. During that time, and the short period before it, they both became afflicted with Cupid's unerring aim. To cement that understanding they had a tryst in Bill's home. To put it in plainer language, they got it on. They had the hots for one another. Am I being too subtle?

Anyway, Ronnie's parents and her were ensconced in their new home and her dad, Curt, was already working at his new employment. The only snag at this point was that Ronnie didn't have a job. She had been a highly qualified martial arts instructor in her previous town, but couldn't find anyone who would hire her here. There were some who would have liked to, as they were very busy, but had no room for another instructor.

One evening, as Bill and Ronnie sat in her parents living room, awaiting dinner, they discussed it.

Ronnie bemoaned, “I don't know, Bill, I tried every dojo in the phone book, they're all very busy, but don't need anyone now, they're packed in as it is.”

Bill consoled her, “I've been giving this a lot of thought and might have a solution if you're willing. I know of a storefront that's been sitting vacant for quite a while. I talked to the owner and he needs a tenant bad and is willing to lower the rent some for a period of time until a business is going to see if it can survive. He'll even cover some utilities a little 'cause he's paying them now anyway. Why don't you open your own place? It seems like there's a demand.”

“Oh, Bill, that would be just the thing, but I don't have near enough money to do that. I couldn't even buy the mats or anything else that I'd need.”

Bill gave her a little kiss on her cheek and offered, “I know that Ronnie, but I do, I've been saving to go into business myself but I can postpone that. They offered me a superintendent's job and it will be pay more than I'd make in my own business right now. I didn't have anyone else to spend it on and now I do. You and I could be partners, how's that sound?”

“I don't know, do you have any idea of how much it will be? We have to sit down and figure out everything first, don't we? This stuff isn't cheap,” she said.

Bill calmed her, “I know, Honey, I checked it out on line. I even found some used equipment that you'll have to take a look at, but you'll be selling gis and memberships and things right away, and that will bring in some money, won't it? But I'm sure I have enough cash to do it.”

Ronnie grabbed him, said, ”Bill, I love you so much,” and gave him a very passionate kiss just as her mother, Amy, walked in.

“Why don't you two get a room? Oh, that's right, he has a whole house. Come and eat anyway.”

Ronnie wailed, “Mooom, You're going to make Bill blush.” Too late, Bill was almost scarlet.

Over the next few weeks they checked out the used equipment and purchased some of the best, almost new, they found. They ordered the rest and in his spare time, Bill did the remodeling needed. The lighting was very adequate as it had been a store. He just had to partition for changing rooms and extend the plumbing for another bathroom.

They had talked to some of the of the other dojo owners, who were glad to see them setting up, as it would relieve some of their overcrowding. With their conversations they learned an important fact: A lot of women would like to take training, but not with men sweating all over and eyeing them. Ronnie decided to hold some all-women classes, and as she was undoubtedly a woman teacher, hoped to draw a lot of the shyer ones.

Because of their extensive advertising, stressing womens classes, on opening evening they had a very satisfying group of women attending. Ronnie was in her gi, with her long black hair bound tightly, and made a very compelling advertisement in her own right. There were a few men wanting to know if she'd be teaching any men classes. She took their names for the future but told them it would depend on how many women signed up and they left.

Bill was also there, very neatly dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt, just in case something came up that he needed to take care of. Some of the shy women looked at him askance until Ronnie introduced him as her fiancée and partner. Then another few looked at him like a side of beef, weighing him in their minds and speculating.

This evening was just an introductory one, explaining the training, what they could and should expect from it, the costs involved, and a demonstration, with Ronnie effortlessly throwing Bill about like a tennis ball. Because of his earlier karate training, Bill knew how to fall, but still ended up with a bruise or two. The evening surpassed their expectations, with at least half of the women signing up, and another group saying they wanted to think about it but looked promising.

After they closed, they went to a nearby restaurant for a bite and coffee. Ronnie was visibly elated with the result of their efforts and almost sparkled in her glee. “If only some of the women who signed up tonight follow through, we'll have enough to easily make our overhead, Bill. I think we have a success already. I'm sure that some of the others will return too.”

With a suspiciously innocent look Bill said, “If not, you could have man and wife classes. I saw some of those ladies grinning from ear to ear when they saw you toss me around, and knew they were imagining their poor husbands in my place.”

Ronnie thought for a few seconds and said, “I know you're kidding, but that's actually not a bad idea. I can see a lot of good come from it, it could bring couples closer, doing something together. It would bring more clients too. I like it. See how smart you are, even when you're being a dumbass?”

Over the next weeks things improved even more, the classes were filling nicely and the husband-wife class had a full attendance. At first, some of the men seemed to be just humoring the women but soon fell into the challenge on their own. Things were going very admirably.

Until Bill received a call from Ronnie while at work. “Bill, we've a problem. The city inspector was here and is making trouble about the work you did; he's threatening to close us up!”

“Ronnie, that's hogwash, I followed the code to the inch. He's probably looking for a little cash bribe.”

“Yeah Bill, he's looking for a bribe alright, but not cash. He wants me. And you'll never guess who he is. I'm sure you remember your big, ugly, dancing partner the night we met, don't you?”

“He's the city inspector? I'm surprised he has a job. What did you do to get rid of him?”

“Why, naturally, I just let him have his way with me, what do you think I did? I just played dumb. He's smart enough not to come right out and demand sex, but the way he leered at me made it pretty clear. He's coming back in a couple of days and I don't know how to handle it, do you?”

“No, I don't, Ronnie, not right now. Your mom asked me over for dinner tonight and we'll discuss it, but right now I have to get back to work. The architect is here and he's looking me over as we speak. I'll see you tonight, bye bye.”

That evening, as they sat on the couch awaiting dinner, they discussed their problem and possible solutions. Ronnie's father, Curt, was across the room, reading the paper, but hearing some of their conversation. After a bit, he lowered the paper and listened more attentively.

Then he asked, “Do you mind if I stick my nose in? Can you explain to me what's going on?”

They explained the situation and he sat and thought a minute and said, “My firm does some business with the city. Let me make a call and see if I can find out anything that might help.

It wasn't long before Amy entered the room and teasingly said, “At least you two are still dressed. Come and eat.”

“You're embarrassing Bill again, Mom,” Ronnie shouted as Bill turned cerise.

Amy smiled and retorted, “And why else do you think I do it, honey? He matches the drapes much better that shade.”

As they seated themselves at the dinner table Curt returned, sat, and stated, ”I talked to a police captain I know and have worked with. He's very aware of this hooligan as they've had other complaints about him. But he's a relative of the mayor and nothing definite has ever been able to be proved, so he's pretty well protected. You would need strong evidence to get any action taken against him.”

Bill thought and then proclaimed, “Then we'll have to get it. When's he coming back, Ronnie?”

“He said after classes on Wednesday, that's when I was sure this wasn't city business. Who inspects at night?”

Bill explained his plan and they all somewhat hesitantly approved. Over the next few days they diligently prepared for the eventful evening.

Wednesday, after class, and after everyone else had left, Ronnie was straightening up when the goon entered, strutting as if he was certainly in command of the situation. He had probably been able to get away with his shenanigans so many times before that he considered himself invulnerable to any backlash. But he did make certain no one else was present, inspecting the rear rooms and looking in any hiding place.

He then approached Ronnie very closely and snarled, “I thought that little wuss boyfriend of yours had kneed me in the nuts that nigh. Imagine my surprise to find out you took me from the rear. Don't try any of that judo crap on me tonight, I'm ready for it. You're going to have to pay for that, honey, how do you want to do it?”

Ronnie stood right up to him, “I have no intention of pulling any crap, as you call it, nor do I intend to pay you anything, no matter what kind of payment you expect. I have the city code book so we can examine the work that was done and you'll see that it's all correctly done, Mr. ... uh, what is your name?”

“It's James Carson, but you can call me Jazbo, all my girlfriends do.”

Ronnie said, “What did you say? What kind of name is Lame Larson?”

Jazbo shouted, “I said my name is James Carson, or Jazbo, are you deaf?

“No, I'm not deaf, it's just the acoustics in here, I wanted to be sure. What do you want to examine first?”

Jazbo leered and said, “Why don't we go back there and we'll see what we'll see.”

Ronnie led Jazbo into the rear area, but as soon as they were out of sight of the front he lunged forward and grabbed her breasts from behind while trying to muzzle her neck, mocking her, “Let's see you try to kick me in the balls when I've got you like this, sweetcakes.”

Ronnie immediately leaned far over, pulling herself free, and grabbed one of his ankles. Pushing back against him, she pulled his leg as high as she could. He hit the floor on his back, knocking his wind out and hitting his head on the concrete, stunning him for a second. She then took her time when she kicked him enthusiastically in the scrotum.

Bill shouted to the police officer as he jumped up from the television screen, “You've certainly seen enough, haven't you? Let's get in their before Ronnie gets hurt.”

“Alright, let's go, but I don't think your girlfriend is the one we have to worry about. That was a beautiful thing to watch with that birdbrain hitting the deck like that. All the cops in town are going to be raising a glass when they see the recording. Let's see the mayor override this one.”

When the four of them, Bill, the police officer, and Ronnie's parents entered the rear of the building they found Ronnie leaning against the wall, watching Jazbo still squirming in a fetal position.

After the officer had taken Jazbo away in cuffs the folks stopped and raised a glass themselves. Bill stated, “Let's hope that's the last we see of Jazbo,” and then proposed a toast: “Here's to our dainty, delicate, little Ronnie, may she never be confronted with another bully, but if she is, may God help him, because he'll probably need it.

After taking a sip, Amy raised her glass, “And let's get these two married before the horny young man there makes a wrong move and dear, little, precious Veronica puts him in the emergency room.”

“Stop it, Mom. You only do that to see him change color.” And she was right on both counts.

Published 
Written by Rascal
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments