Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Wishes

"Two lovers fight a curse, to be together again as humans"

5
4 Comments 4
1.0k Views 1.0k
549 words 549 words
Many thanks to Sonia. She is my muse and without her this story wouldn't be created.

Let me tell you the adventure of Were-Tiger, a former prince of a long forgotten kingdom somewhere in India and his Little Bird, a former princess of a forgotten realm in India. This all happened a very long time ago. When Atlantis still existed, there was a prince who loved a princess in a land now called India. But let me tell you all a secret of this love. 

Their love survived a powerful curse, which made both wonderful humans two different were-animals. At daytime he became a mighty powerful bloodthirsty tiger and she became a red plumed little bird, who accompanied her tiger during the daytime. When the moon rose and the night began, they would change their shapes back into human. Then they would meet somewhere in the dark Indian jungle. The birds and animals of the night sang and shouted their calls.

No clouds could hide the pale light of the stars above their heads. He held her delicate hand and her fingers curled around his strong hand. Opening his eyes, he gazed into her eyes. The black night around them nearly swallowed their frames. Only the light of the million stars above them could feel their dark eyes sparkle. He caressed her jet-black long hair and kissed her soft strawberry colored lips.

Here in the middle of the jungle, they were together as lovers. Wrapping his arms around her waist, they felt and sensed each other's body heat in the cool clear night. After their soul-mating kiss they looked up to the stars and saw a falling star. Their eyes met again and both wished the same wish at that very moment. They did not speak about this wish; because then this wish would never come true. As time passed slowly, they sealed their silent wish by giving each other an everlasting love-kiss.

Then they hugged each other tightly till the sun rose and their shapes changed again. Feeling that the shape-change was near, the princess looked into the eyes of her prince and she whispered softly into his ear, “Bye for now, my love, till we meet tomorrow night. Take care of yourself my sweet tiger.” At this very moment he changed into a huge wild tiger again. The cursed spell reached her too and she changed her shape into his red little bird like every morning.

In their minds their wish would always be nurtured. They felt and had faith that some day they would find a way to overcome their curse. They would be reunited as lovers again. Some day they would be together as a couple. Both lovers believed strongly in their wishes. They believed that fate or the God could change their situation. They also believed in the power of love and that their love for each other would win over this curse someday.

Each and every moment of the day they felt the miracle was nearer to them and this curse would fade away and their love would finally win.

During the night, when both were changed into human form, they talked about their miracle, the love for each other they felt. Their mutual silent wish slowly would win over their old curse.

Published 
Written by Weretiger
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments