Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Gidealis Enigma. Chapter 3

"In this chapter a certain secret leaks through, but only to the most trusted person..."

8
7 Comments 7
806 Views 806
1.6k words 1.6k words
Gidealis Enigma. Chapter 3 Dotristiar

The shock of his death makes me numb to the world for a long time. Valdarin truly was the only friend I had. My father does not care much for the poor teacher. He orders to bury him on the outskirts of an old cemetery. I cry for my loss, and I cry, because the vision of his forgotten, nameless grave follows me in my restless dreams. I cry until I can’t cry anymore. Then one night full of my unconsolable tears Immaul tells me, that I must have slammed him with at least three “points of no return” of my energy.

Apparently, this energy within keeps me alive, and nourishes me. I got it from my mother, that’s why we need no food or water. It also follows my orders. How could I have known?!

“There was no way he could have survived that.” Immaul says, hanging in the air with his batlike wings spread. “The energy was meant to silence the messenger, I understand”.

“I did not mean to hurt anyone!” I scream.

The darkness around flutters like a startled butterfly.

“Sh-hh” He says. “I know, but the energy heard “Disappear, as if you never existed”.”

Oh, no. Is he telling me I killed my favorite teacher?!

“Omerus touched you right at the time the energy reached the moment of release, carrying your wish. Then you felt it coming back to you, right? The warm feeling in your hands? That was it, Demi.”

What a terrifying revelation. I will have to live with it for the rest of my life.

However where one door closes, another one opens. One morning Mevild appears on the doorstep of my room, looks at me as if I am guilty of something, and pushes a middle aged man inside.

He never treats anyone with respect. He prefers to talk and deceive servants into signing contracts, as if promising them “long-term placement of employment”, but in fact forcing them into indentured servitude, basically slavery. He yells at them, and he hits them. He does pretty much the same to me.

So, the man, standing in the middle of my room, is scared of my father, because he is already shown where he belongs. But he is not repelled by that. Neither is he bitter about his fate.

He is the most handsome man I have ever seen. He has long, black wavy hair, thick black brows, and very, very dark eyes. I stand there like a fool, with my mouth open, totally mesmerized.

“This is your new teacher. Do what he tells you to do! I got to go!”. And Mevild disappears, just like that, leaving me alone with this spirit of the fairy tales, because there is no way a guy can be so beautiful, and, what is more important, such a guy could be called to serve me.

“I’m sorry, young master…” He says in a deep voice with a thick foreign accent.

Allright, my friends, I’m going to collapse in ecstasy right now!

 

His name is Dotristiar, and he is from Tirra. A faraway country I can only visit in my dreams. I love that country, and long for it. Why? Because two men can officially be spouses there. It seems fair and natural, and yet unavailable to me. My father keeps on offering me girls to look at, and to be friends with. He is looking for a wealthy bride for me. What a disaster.

Dotristiar becomes my teacher of Tirran language, my confidant, and my closest friend.

He says – don’t worry about your future. You can marry a girl your father orders you to, and then date guys on the side. It’s okay, he adds. Everyone in your country does that.

But that is not my main concern. In fact, that is not much of a concern at all. What worries me is the visions of weird things in my head. Sometimes they are so vivid I can’t tell the reality from a dream. These visions have colors, smells, things I can’t describe, smooth to the touch. And sounds. Lots of sounds that do not make any sense to me. All I know is that they are speech patterns, but outside of the frequencies a human being could produce.

What is even scarier, is that the visions in my mind are so powerful, other people can catch a glimpse of them every now and then. As if you have an unsavory secret, and it transpires around you for others to notice. Something unexplainable. Something out of this world.

One day Mevild gets mad at Dotristiar for something minor, and yells at him. I’m upstairs in my room, when the door swings open and my teacher runs in with a bruise on his face. We always find comfort in each other’s embrace.

“You look fine” I say “Stop crying!”

He nods and looks in the mirror, touching the spot on his cheek where my dad hit him. I really have no time for this. Recently I decided to organize the streams of information I seem to receive from silver, copper, or any alloy containing these metals.

So, I’m writing down everything a copper door handle is telling me from the day that copper lay deep in the ground to the day it was an adornment on some woman’s neck in a form of a flower… In fact, that day was really long ago. I mean, when the copper was just a clump in the ground. Nothing like they tell us in religious books when the Earth was created.

And then Dotristiar screams at the top of his lungs, while looking in the mirror.

Allright, I’ve had it with this guy.

“Shut up if you don’t want Letaluan to pay us a visit!”

Letaluan is another threat. He is my father’s favorite servant. Always spies on everyone and then tells Mevild. He gets me in trouble at least a couple times a week. But I do not hate him. This feeling is like running in circles. So, I just don’t want him to have a reason to attack my dear Dot.

“Ahhhh… Orghhh..” – Moans my teacher, pointing in the mirror.

What else? I understand he is worried about his beauty, but he is not even dating anyone! He has a husband and three adopted kids back in Tirra!

I approach Dot, and look at his face. Yeah, a bruise. So what. He continues to point in the mirror, as if unable to speak. I look there. And in the mirror there is a squid sitting on the floor.

There is nothing in our room. That thing is only in the mirror. What is worse, I know that squid. It is a creature from my visions. Should I tell him, or should I distract him with my homework?

“It’s OK, Dot, it’s… It’s not really a “squid”, it is a very smart invertebrate from another planet. He is… hm…” I sigh. How do I tell him?

But he would be the only person I’d ever tell. The truth about me. The pain of my heart. This creature is the most desired thing I ever wanted. Because he created me. Because I’m stuck here, when I’m supposed to be with him.

“His name is Leot. That’s my father… My creator. He is not really here. He is back home. It’s just a projection of my memories.”

“You are only eleven years old, and you have a father!” Dot exclaims, watching the creature slowly dissipate in the mirror.

“Well, he engineered a species based on humans. And I’m an offspring of those species.”

“Then how are you here?” Dotristiar comes to me, and wipes the tears, running down my face.

“That – I do not know, my friend. But I sure want to find out.”

He is so sensitive to other people’s suffering. He hugs me, and starts crying with me.

“Let’s go for a walk” – I pat him on the back. Got to distract him somehow from all of this.

The day is cold and cloudy, but I do not care. Dot holds my hand, as we walk down the street. People hurry there and back with gloomy faces, as it starts raining. I do not like rain. Water burns my skin, because it contains way too much concentrated information I’m not able to process.

I run into the first store I see. Dotristiar follows me. The owner of the shop looks at us suspiciously, then forces a smile. I know this guy. He sells all kinds of junk as expensive as he can. The store smells of dust, old musty rags, and God knows what else.

Stuff on the shelves is peculiar, though. I can’t help but touch a little painted stone, and then a glass vase with spider web on it, and a dead fly on the bottom… Knowing this guy, he’ll charge you for the dead fly, too, claiming its part of the arrangement!

“Hey, if that boy breaks anything, you will have to pay!” Yells the owner.

My teacher apologizes, and reassures the rude dude, that the boy won’t break a thing.

Published 
Written by GriffinGarcon
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments