Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Gidealis Enigma Chapter 45

"The search for Leozarit continues, while Zumi and Demi struggle to keep their connection secret"

4
5 Comments 5
1.3k Views 1.3k
1.6k words 1.6k words
Chapter 45 Love: Treasured and Forbidden

“Because Gliese 581 e is not what it used to be when Ari flew there over the weekend and made the footage he later showed to Leozarit. It is now overrun by Kom kribers from Ashtarma, and took over the planet.”

I listen to his voice, and it stirs everything inside of me. My lover’s closeness is inebriating. I study his face and know that I’m in love. This man is so serious, so concerned with the situation, and so vulnerable in his apparently illegal position that I’m overwhelmed with emotion, my desire to help and relieve all his worries.

I put my hand on his shoulder. He savors this gesture, and then forces himself to pull away.

“Please do not touch me. I do not want anyone to suspect anything! We must be discreet! While Yasen will just exile me, everyone else will probably want me executed for breaking the most sacred law of the land.”

“OK” I nod, and my heart sinks. What have I gotten us into? It is all my fault. “But if there are kribers on Gliese… Then they are my people!”

“No, Demi. These are not the same kribers. These are vicious, aggressive creatures, who escaped the very first war. Their weapons are multiple and advanced, and if they detected Leozarit’s ship, she could be dead by now. Even if not – our chances of getting her back are nearing zero.” While saying that Zumi touches my hand, as if accidentally, and a spark of desire lights up between us.

I look into his entrancing, awe-inspiring emerald eyes, and forget everything else. What a torment. The more I tell myself to stay away from him, the more I want him. This is going to be really, really tough.

“I say we take Arileot14 instead of destroyers. It is a scientific ship, and has no offensive capability, but it is our best chance to sneak in. Come on!” Yasen goes outside, and waves to us all to follow him.

The path to the top of the hill is narrow, and I get pushed aside, as all the ederi hurry after Yasen.

“I don’t understand why we have to take this stupid small ship, when we have destroyers built by Kallitris.” The last ederi walks by me, frowning.

“Destroyers are not invincible, Verba. Tune in, my friend! Domiarn can interface with his ship through his parasite. This connection will protect us from the missiles.” Zumi, full of concern, stops by us for a second. He watches Yasen, who is already on the top of the hill by my ship.

This guy called Verba looks at Zumi. Suddenly his eyes well with tears, he grabs Zumi’s hand and kisses it.

“The Prophecy was fulfilled, sir.” And he goes away really quickly, as if scared of what he just said.

“He knows??!!” I whisper, feeling like I was just stabbed with one of those poison syringes they tried to kill Zumi with.

“He is my steward. He was summoned from the Northern shores because he is also a pilot. Verba is intensely psychic, he saw my child. But he is loyal to me more than to the law. He will die before he reveals my secret.”

It truly is a joy to be reunited with my ship. Everything here smells like Ari. I stand by the console in front of the good old screen and think of Gliese 581 e. It shows me the map, and the destination planetary system flashes bright white.

Yasen stands to the right of me, and Zumi to the left. Everyone else, about twenty more restless, worried ederi are behind us. They are admiring the extraordinary machine that uses psychic energy for fuel and a captain’s thought for order to destination. And it’s not all we can impress them with.

I lift the ship and take it out of the atmosphere.

“How long will it take us to travel over two million light years to the Milky Way in this old thing?” Yasen asks me. Seems like he is having second thoughts about his decision.

“Leot never did share this technology with you, did he? Ever wondered why he distanced himself from your kind?” I answer in an undertone and notice Yasen slowly getting angry. “This ship moves at the speed of thought.”

“How dare you disrespect us… Just press whatever goddamn button moves this thing!” He hisses at me in a blood-chilling whisper.

I’d be scared, if I did not sense the price we all will pay to get Leozarit. And even then it is not for sure that we can achieve our goal. Not all of us will come back.

“The problem with you guys is that you fiercely fight all new things. Leot does not like that.”

And before Yasen can strangle me on the spot the screen shows a planet in blue and white haze.

“Gliese 581 e, Libra constellation, Milky Way.” I say in a matter-of-factly voice while everyone stares at the screen, amazed at the view and at how quickly we got here.

“We will be detected immediately, and we will be shot at.” Verba breaks out his vision to me.

The hostility between him and Yasen is so heavy it distracts me from what I have to do.

“Then here is the hardest part of our plan. Everybody please stand back. Do not approach me. Do not touch me or you will die of exposure to energy of the missiles.”

I put my hands on the console of the ship and order my parasite to cover us in a live shield. I feel that I am all around, and I am the ship. It is going to hurt like hell, but we must break through to where my mother is.

Yasen motions the other ederi to step back. Zumi gives me a glance and sends a constant stream of love. I treasure it, and I really need it under the circumstances. Somehow I know that it is his love that will fix everything. His, and someone else’s, who never lost faith.

I enter the atmosphere and for several minutes we fly, surrounded by vast horizons, and faraway land of waterrfalls, coming at us very quickly.

Those kribers sure watch the skies. The first ball of fire coming seemingly from nowhere hits the bottom of Arileot14, forcing us off course. My ship is normally very stable, but now everyone got knocked off their feet. Yasen got thrown out into the hall. As he tries to get up we get hit again in a rapid succession of several balls one after another.

I don’t know if we had a chance of “sneaking in” at all, but I relied on Verba’s psychic vision to the benefit of all. If my parasite was not there to shield the ship we’d all be dead. But now my whole body burns with the energy I had to absorb. My parasite takes most of it, but my body is throbbing with pain and my head is heavy.

I don’t know how much more I can take, when the attack suddenly stops. We now descend slowly among colossal mountains of white clouds. Funny to think, that they are actually weightless. I’m grateful for the much-desired break, but what does it mean?

Immaul appears in the air, tireless and dynamic as always. The ederi give out a collective scream of surprise at the sight of the “Chronicler”. All he ever chronicles with me is my inherent inability to stick with just one man.

“I see your mother. Right here.” He touches the screen with his wing and a picture of the ship appears.

It is my Arileot 14, perched on a massive rock above the precipice, surrounded by picturesque waterfalls. Wow, looks cool.

“I will direct you there. Go.”

“Wait, how is her ship looks exactly like yours?” Verba asks.

“Yasen tracked Leozarit in the future on Earth. She used my ship to fly to Leot. He interfered, and she landed here.” I answer impatiently.

The picture of the ship disappears and I see a relatively small vessel chasing after us at an impressive speed. It’s a Class B destroyer, one of powerful ones Kallitris sometimes uses himself. The size is deceptive. These are capable of shooting small hydrogen bombs. I’m not scared, I’m not… I just need to take a breath…

I take off, preparing to get fried again. This thing looks fierce and it is fierce.

“So, she is from your future? Yes… I sense her. She is almost insane and she is very aggressive. She has the Faith Star fully at her command. This is not good news for you.” Verba puts his hand on my shoulder, disregarding the danger.

“There is no time for this, Verba. I must get her for Yasen! Get away from me!!!”

I try to shake him off, as the premonition of an imminent disaster washes over my heart. Then the destroyer sends a small black object that looks nothing like a ball of fire, because it isn’t. It is way more deadly. The object hits my ship in the back with a deafening noise. Then the surge of energy makes my parasite shudder, but it suppresses most of it. The rest blasts me unconscious.

Published 
Written by GriffinGarcon
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments