Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Iron Man

"This is a short story I wrote for a Chemistry assignment. Enjoy."

0
1 Comment 1
1.0k Views 1.0k
1.2k words 1.2k words
“Not even Oxy-Boy can be near him!” and “He only likes the neighborhood eight!”. Iron Man always heard negative things being said about him. In his neighborhood -neighborhood eight- he was admired by the children and adults on every street. He never knew that one day he would be considered the neighborhood super hero!

When a child is born in neighborhood 8, they are given a number. Iron Mans’ number was 26. As a young boy he would go to school just like every child in the state. He was frequently bullied, but when Oxy-Boy -a “non-metal”- would even glance at him, he would have a terrible reaction. He would get so upset that his face would turn brown and his head would spin all out of control. Besides his bullies, he was well liked. His teachers adored him because he was so smart and focused as a student. One day during gym class Carbon and Oxy-boy picked a fight with him. They shoved him and kicked him until he once again turned brown, then they would all laugh at him. He could not take it anymore.

Despite all of his friends and family, he packed his bags and he ran away far far away. He ran so far that he got lost in neighborhood one. In neighborhood one he made a friend, Mr. Lithium. Mr. Lithium is one of the old folks, which meant he was a very wise man. Mr. Lithium welcomed Iron Man into his home after seeing him in a coffee shop. He saw great potential in Iron Man. Mr. Lithium would always tell stories about the “non-metals” and how they think they are better than all other neighborhoods. The two of them would sit together for hours and just talk. They could talk about anything and anyone. One day they got into a deep conversation about the “non-metals”. Iron Man being how he is, decided he wanted something to be done about the “non-metals”. He would stay up late on nights thinking about how he could possibly show them up.

“Mr. Lithium I’ve been thinking, I’ve been thinking for quite a while actually...” said Iron Man.

“Yes young one? what is it?” replied Mr. Lithium.

Afraid of what Mr. Lithium might think, he answered “... I am going to fight Oxy- Boy but I need your help.”

Mr. Lithium was in much shock, he giggled a little bit. Although he saw great potential in Iron Man he had plenty of doubts. For instance, Iron Man was very scrawny. The boy needed meat! After some time thinking, Mr. Lithium tells Iron Man that he is going to need some training. Iron Man wants to do it and he is determined to shut those “non-metals” up.

Iron Man had a mass of 32 and if he was going to win this fight, he had to get a mass of 56. He started training the next day. On the first day he did not do so well, in fact Mr. Lithium was a little disappointed. His training included running and kickboxing. The second day he was so sore that he could barely get out of bed, but he was a determined young boy so he went at it again. He ran so much that his legs trembled and he fell, more than once. Each and every time he fell, Mr. Lithium would help him up and give him a little push on the back so that he could start running. At kickboxing he got so many bruises because the punching bag would come back at him with great force and sometimes knock him over. One day it was so hot that Iron Man started melting! It was 1583 degrees Celsius outside. Mr lithium had to carry him back to the house.

After a week of training Iron Man was ready to give up. He couldn’t take it anymore. The bruises, scars, cuts, soreness, it was too much for him to handle. When he told Mr. Lithium his response was “You know what Iron Man? That’s what they want you to do! They want you to give up. Well I need is for you to get up!” Mr. Lithium lifted Iron Man and threw him down.

“Owwwwwwwwwwwww! What was that for?!” yelled Iron Man.

“You need to get back out there! Do you want them to continue being the way they are! You have shown me that you can do it. You cannot give up now! Push yourself! It’s all in your mind.” replied Mr. Lithium.

Without hesitation, Iron Man got on his feet and did his training.

There was great improvement in Iron Man after a few months. He now had a mass of 56 and he was so strong.

When he finally thought out what he would say, he was ready. Iron Man was ready. Before he went back, he asked Mr. Lithium if he could join him. The two of them went to neighborhood eight, passing by all of the other “metals”. He introduced Mr. Lithium to his friends and family.

When they all saw him at first, they could not believe it. “He’s alive!.” They proclaimed. Everyone was truly happy to see him. They even had a party for him that very night. He wanted to tell them his mission, but he was afraid. Afraid of their response. Afraid if they would not approve. He kept asking... what if?

Then he decided how he would say it, he stood on a chair so that everyone could see him. He announced, “Thank you all so much for such a warm welcoming. It is nice to see you all again and nice to know that you are all doing well. I have a special announcement to make. I, Iron Man have come here to destroy the “non-metals””.

Everyone was so happy and excited that they might actually have a chance to change things for the better. His family and close friends did not like this idea that he had. They begged and begged for him not to do it. But he had to.

When Iron Man was going to meet with the “non-metals”, one of his friends brought a silver cape to him. “It might be good luck, you know?” his friend said and walked away. Iron Man put on the silver cape and ran off to meet with the “non-metals”.

“Oh well if it isn’t Iron Man! HAHAHA!” joked Carbon. Iron Man punched him on the face and knocked him down, he attacked him with such hatred. He kept having flashbacks of the stories that Mr. Lithium would tell him. When Oxy-Boy jumped in, the fight was unfair. It was two on one. Iron Man started turning brown and peeling but he fought. Carbon and Oxy-Boy were so afraid of him that they eventually backed off. They promised- all of the “non-metals”- that they would be fair and not judge others so much. They also said that they apologized for all of the wrong that they have done. All of the ‘metals’ were so happy and they were never bothered by a “non-metal” ever again.

Published 
Written by DanielaKGarcia
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments