Find your next favourite story now
Login

Songs

Our songs category is for those songwriters, lyricists and composers among us to showcase their musical talent. From happy, love inspired tunes, to soul-searching break-up songs, this is the place to submit your original music.

Submissions may be lyrics only or include an audio version of the song. You may also submit instrumental arrangements with an accompanying written description of the story behind your music.

Sending Off

What's the score?

Is it fateHow we relateWhen things are greatWe celebrateWe shift and spinHonoring our winIgnoring our sinsThe darkness withinThere is no painFor me to explainNo way to complainWhen we've gone insaneGoing day by dayIs there any other wayShould I simply sta...

Indian Princess

A woman comes to the end of her life

There’s this old tree stump out in the woods behind my house that I love to sit on. I first found it, at least, twenty years ago and sitting there has brought me much enjoyment for many seasons. When one takes the time to look, there are many wonders cons...

Safeguard

Inspired by The Gazette's Pledge

Every time that I'm aloneI can’t take it!My mind is screamingNow that I stand hereTorn up thoughts like scraps of paperI can't do thisI am suffocatingSave me, I'm asking won't you please save me?I have been lost so long I feel cast away at seaNow my thoug...

My 25th Beer Anniversary

A Country song where beer makes one woman really pretty

The woman in my life had just left me. She said I’m a loser and a perpetual drunk. I don’t know if she was degrading me. She’s ugly, but she sure had spunk. I went to the bar feeling lonely. My tail had no wag as I drank. A woman just sat down beside me....

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

In The Depth Of Her Eyes

Look into her eyes and see her true beauty.

A once empty heart now feels fullTugged by another soul’s pullCrossing the pass on a wireWarmed by another souls fireLook deep inside of her eyesFind beauty there few ever seeLook and learn from her heartWhat others could not hope to beIn the depth of her...

Letting Go

Enough love was never enough.

We live our lives inside a dreamBelieve we know what it all meansI tried to show you what I thought was realAnd can’t you seeIt’s hurting meI won’t let goAnd I want you to know That it’s youYou mean that much to meTaking time to watch love growQuestioning...

You keep me on the edge of my seat You never try and shoot me downYou always know just what to say To keep a smile on my faceI'm singing please don't leave me on my own cause you're the one I wanna adore Please don't leave me by myself on my journey to wh...

Feeling The Music

A fum song to sing when up or down

Feeling The Music By Pirate60 Inspired By Mzhyper I hear a boom, boom, boom As the music fills the room It starts a beat, beat, beat That travels into my feet For the music is the magic, and magic is the beat It’s in my mind, it’s in my soul, a most harmo...

Days of the past slipping by. Time is running and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I caused so much pain, Or maybe it's because I'm losing you today. Only a few hours left before the night. I can't help but feel that this is the time. So much to say a...

Me Tale Song

It is a sea song

I be a ruthless pirate, I sings me a jolly good rhyme. In every port and bar I go, I haves me a bloody good time, On the sea I be bad, At least I pretends ta be. Yet, instead of this tankard of swill I drink, I’d rather have a spot of tea. I be known as B...