Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Deathdate

"Elaine can see dates - death dates, and it's up to her to make sure her friends don't die."

2
2 Comments 2
900 Views 900
527 words 527 words
Prolouge

I run down the stairs at full speed. I'm almost late for the bus. I have to make sure Amel doesn't get on that bus. I run down the sidewalk and finally make it - just in time for the bus to start pulling away. 

"WAIT!" I scream, back to running after the bus. My hands wave frantically in the air and my red hair is bouncing against my back.

The bus slows and finally comes to a stop. The doors open with a loud, and menacing, HISS

I hand the blue piece of paper to the bus driver. This note says that I have permission to take Amel home for a dentist appointment. 

"AMEL FRANKLIN." The bus driver yells back. "YER SISTAR IS HERE TAH TAKE YA AWAY." The bus driver's name tag reads "Mr. Campbell" but there his grease stained shirt and unshaven face claim obviously shows he is no Mister - or any sort of gentleman.

Amel walks quickly down the steps and soon we're both on the sidewalk, watching the bus ride away. 

"Today's the day, huh?" Amel asks in his far-too-cute voice. 
I nod and realize I've looked at him too long.

Amel and I have been best friends since preschool, and that says a lot since now we're seventeen. He has always believed that I can see death dates - and a word that tells how that person will die. 

For example Amel's death date was November 2nd, 2023 and the relating word was BUS but now the date and word are changing.

Now his death date reads August 12th, 2079. The new word spells out "PLAGUE". 

Weird. 
Anyways, Amel and I start walking home. I've had the biggest crush on him since eighth grade and I am super pumped with excitement to bring him home and hang out with him for the day. So no, he's not my brother. That MIGHT have just been a lie. But I'll tell you this: My death date skills are not lies, I am never wrong, and little did I know an adventure was about to begin.

Just kidding. This stinking story has to be over 3000 characters so I guess this won't be the prologue so yeah, sorry 'bout that.

Amel and I finally got back to my house and the house was strangely empty. "Mom?" I call out.

No answer.

"Mo-OM?" I call again, louder this time.

I hear a rustle in the kitchen. I race over there and see not my mother. I see a strange person instead.

"Oh hi. I'm David. I know who you are, Elaine. Anyway nice mortal food. These Oreos are delicious. Oh yeah by the way I'm here to kill you so if you want to run that would be great." The strange man stuffs another oreo in his mouth and I feel another hand grab me roughly.

The hand zips me outside and suddenly the hand and I are in a blurred motion. I can't see anything and I'm growing dizzier and dizzier every second. I think I'm going to puke - or pass out - or both. The world grows dark and that's all I remember.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 

Published 
Written by Befuzzled
Contributing Authors
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments