Find your next favourite story now
Login

Thriller Stories

Stories in the thriller genre are filled with tension, excitement and clever, intricate plots. The hero often operates under a constant fear of physical threat while battling wits with an ingenious villain.

Suspense is always an underlying theme in this category, with a feeling of imminent danger staying with the reader from the beginning through to the gripping climax.

Anonymous

True Monsters

Who are the real monsters?

A silent scream in the dark, muffled cries echoed in hollow halls. Sounds amplified, making the quiet still and more painful. Wooden floorboards creaked with each step, years of abuse warped the floor beneath. Screened lights above flickered a dull yellow...

Highway 10: The Girl on the Road

Monica is about to find out the terrifying reason why a little girl is all alone on the road.

It was about a year ago when I first met her. She was a strange girl wandering by herself on Highway 10 in Arizona. I was traveling back home to San Antonio from a trip I took to California. While I was cruising across the asphalt I could see the open des...

Jonathan - Part 1

Chapter 1 of Jonathan

The evening sky was bleak, darkened with thick black clouds that dumped sheets of rain on the icy ground. The fall air was chilled by the monsoon that had taken the city in its grips. Jonathan sat just inside the bay door near the front of the shop. His c...

The child sobbed softly in her arms as she tried to reassure him that everything would be alright. The shattered glass crunched loudly under her feet as she and the boy moved slowly through the otherwise silent building. Noticing a slightly opened door at...

A Dish Best Served Cold

An abused housewife gets revenge on her husband. (Part of a short story still in progress)

Clarissa was an abused housewife. Anyone who saw her could tell that. Not that anyone ever saw her anymore these days. No, her husband, Shelton wouldn’t allow that. He barely ever let her step foot out of the house anymore. He said no one would want to lo...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Intrusion

Lock your windows, ladies...

It was a cold, lonely Friday night in a small town in Indiana (Friday the thirteenth, to be exact). The wind howled with a cry like an anguished wolf, and made the bare limbs of the trees tremble like feverish invalids. It was the kind of night that fores...

Two beautiful green eyes were staring at her from the mirror, eyes sodden with sadness. In these eyes the sadness always, even in the merriest moments, somehow managed to crawl in and take its proper place. And the present moment wasn’t a merry one at all...

Mute, hung the valves from its cemented ceiling; It's knob cranked with a decibel of metal shriek.  Rained, with its acidic glow - the echo liberated his sigh; the flashing of pin-needle teeth that tear flesh from about the mouth, of him.  The repercussio...

Lynette's World

The World of Light and Dark

Lynette Baxter was born a beautiful child with light brown hair and blue eyes as most babies are, one of thousands born that same day. Not an unusual birth, except, of course, to her parents who were completely enthralled with her arrival. She was a cute...

Washington Heights Two men met on Bennett Avenue, New York City, a dark and dirty street on the shady side of town. One’s purpose was to purchase drugs, the other’s purpose was to sell. The buyer was a young man, dressed moderately and clean. The seller w...

Carine

A golddigger gets her comeuppance

Carine Blanchard sat quietly in the passenger seat of her new Cadillac. She hadn't said a word the entire ride home from the hospital where her husband, Michael, was staying. As a matter of fact she hadn't said anything since her visit with Michael's doct...

Mallen's Bridge

look out who you piss off

Mallen's Bridge irishmik60 Tis a little known fact that there are literally hundreds of stone circles and mounds throughout the British Isles. Stonehenge being by far the most famous. Their arches and monolithic structures have astounded mankind from earl...