Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 18

5
4 Comments 4
1.2k Views 1.2k
673 words 673 words
Before the ride to Bruce's house Amber managed to repair her makeup and she looked great in his eyes.
"I still can't believe he said those things," Bruce commented attempting to break the ice.

"Its just creepy, he was always one of my favorite Uncles, she responded looking down at the floorboards.

The arrived at Bruce's and though she was filled with apprehension she allowed herself to be escorted inside to meet his of the family. They all smiled and hugged and she felt welcome. They asked the same due date questions as she was offered a chair and libations of coffee, tea or soft drinks all of which she refuse with a smile.

Bruce's Aunt Helen came over and introduced herself then sat near her, she was even better looking than her Mother and she dressed like someone much younger.

"Ya nervous?" she questioned.

"Yes, a little."

"Relax, no one here will stand in judgement of you," she continued.

"Is the baby Bruce's?" she asked in a low tone.

"No."

"It takes a special man that accepts a lady carrying someones child that his not his."

"That what I believe." Amber responded smiling.

Bruce's Father came over and sat down. As a prosecutor he was looking for signs of deception or lies and he was good at detecting them near her and Aunt Helen left.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm James, Bruce's Dad."

"The pleasure is mine, she responded."

Have you and Bruce talked about the future?" he asked.

"Only a little. Is that a problem?"

"Does he know your future plans and do you know his?"

"We talked about college. Is there a problem?" she repeated again beginning to feel tense.

"No, my Son is very much in love with you and I don't want you to break his heart," he stated.

"I am very much in love with him and breaking his heart is the last thing I want to do," Amber responded.

Jame's smile lit up the room, "That's what I wanted to hear," he said as he leaned forward and gave Amber a big hug."

They continued to talk in low tones until other began to filter back into the room. Bruce noted that Amber and her Dad were smiling so he surmised all was well.

Dad stood up and gave his Son a hug, "She is everything you said she is, you better treat her right," was all he said before he went to the next room.

"What was that all about?" Bruce questioned.

"You Dad and I had a talk, I like him because he is straight forward," she responded.

"Yeah he is that."

Aunt Helen came back and sat down and asked Bruce to go get her a drink.

"If anyone in this family mistreats you or gives you a hard time you call me," she said as she handed her a business card just as Bruce returned with her drink. She took it an departed.

"Who is she in your family?" Amber asked.

"That's Dad's sister, she is an attorney and a dammed good one."

"I like her."

"She must like you too," he responded with a smile.

They stayed until about 10:00 pm and Amber did not want to leave as she was enjoying herself and had forgotten all about the Uncle Frank episode. Bruce warmed up the car as Amber said her goodbyes and she joined Bruce in the car.

"Let's stop by the ice cream stand," she said shyly.

Once there she slid over and embraced him and gave him a long passionate kiss.

"I wanted to do that all day and more," she told him as they ended the kiss.

"Me too,"

"You working tomorrow?"

"Yeah, its Black Friday and we expect to be slammed."

"That's too bad, my parents are working tomorrow," she told him.

"But your Sister is home."

"I forgot about that," she responded losing her smile.

"I'll figure something out."

"I want you so bad," she whispered.

"No half as bad as I want you," he responded.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments