Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 20

6
5 Comments 5
1.1k Views 1.1k
1.3k words 1.3k words
Once in their car and headed home all the emotions that Amber had struggled with to keep inside began to take its toll.

"Daddy, pull over. I'm going to be sick," she said quickly.

Her Father quickly curbed the vehicle as Amber opened the door and threw up in the street. When she finished they continued home and once there she raced to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She returned to the kitchen and discovered her Father had poured himself a drink and left the bottle on the table. She took a seat opposite him.

"You OK, baby?" he asked.

"I'm OK, I'm just angry. The nerve of the creep. Doesn't speak to me the day after it happened and not a word from him in the following five months. Now he's all concerned and wants me to move to Greece or for you to shell out the money to bring him here. What's he going to do here? There are no cabanas here as far I know," she said in one non-stop sentence.

Her Father had an embarrassed look on his face and Amber took his hands in hers.

"I guess I should tell you the whole story," she said to him.

"I don't need to hear it, not today anyway. Besides you have other issues to deal with," he said softly.

"What issues?"

"You just told the principal that Bruce fathered your child and that's bound to get around."

"You don't think he'd say anything?" she asked.

"Of course not. But if the office walls have ears like they did in my day the story will get around."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back at school we find Darlene Dole running at top speed (when she could do so and not be seen) to the classroom where Bruce was. She quietly entered and handed the note to the teacher and then exited. The teacher quickly scanned the note and then told Bruce to take his books and report to the principals office.

He bumped into Darlene on the landing of the old staircase that headed to the office.The staircase was part of the old building and only used for quick passage to the office. It was dark so Darlene felt safe stopping him and giving Bruce a quick hug and kiss.

"I knew it, I just knew it. I am so happy for you both," she said before she continued down the stairs.

Bruce just stood there for a moment wondering what was going on before he made his way to the office. He checked in with one of the secretary's and was told to go right in and see the Principal. Bruce knocked on the open door which caused Mr. Gaines to look up from what he was doing. When he saw it was Bruce he was told to come in.

"Ah, Mr Cranston," he said in the way of a greeting, "I am to inform you that Amber Conway does not need a ride home."

"Thank you, Sir."

"What class do you have next period?" Mr Gained asked.

"I report to the stage instead of study hall," he answered.

"Are you working on any special project?"

"No Sir, just cleaning."

"Good. If you like you may leave school now," Mr Gaines informed him.

"Now?"

"Yes now. Amber's Father would like a word with you and I think you should head there post haste."

Bruce thanked him again and accepted the hall pass that would get him outside without being hassled. Once outside he called Amber on his cell. Her responses to his questions were to ignore them as she told him to just get over here. Not since that first meeting with her parents had Bruce been so nervous and his worrying only got worse as he walked up her driveway and knocked on the door.

Amber let him in and gave him a brief hug and kiss before she escorted him into the kitchen and bade him take a seat. She sat down next to him and interlaced her finger with his. Amber's Dad was smiling so Bruce relaxed a little.

"If you were an adult I'd offer you a drink, but I won't stop you if you took one," he said as he tapped his finger against his glass.

"Am I going to need one?" Bruce responded.

"Maybe."

Amber then told Bruce about the scene in the Principal's office. She ended her story with telling him that only her Dad, Mr Gaines and that Drakos creep know what was said.

"No, its not. Bruce then told her about Darlene's actions in the hallway.

"See, what did I tell you? The walls have ears," he Father intoned.

"Now what do we do?" Bruce asked.

"Amber, give us a moment," her Father requested.

"Daddy?"

Her Dad repeated himself a little sterner this time and she gave him a dirty look as she left the table.

"Bruce, I can't tell you two what to do. I only know that punk in Greece is looking for free passage to the US or to have Amber leave her family and live there. She picked up on it and so did I, that's why she made up that story," he said.

Bruce was still a little dumbfounded and had no response.

"Amber loves you and I believe that you love her too. I am hoping its that love that see you through this," he concluded and stood up and left the kitchen.

Amber returned about a minute later and sat down next to him again. She noticed that blank expression on his face and became concerned.

"Are you mad at me?" she asked.

"No, almost everyone believes that I was the Father no matter what we said. We just have to find out how much the walls heard," he answered.

"The only time I raised my voice was to tell that Drakos person that you were the Father, after that it dropped back to its normal speaking level."

"That should help."

"You can tell them what you want and you make it as normal or as sexy as you wish," she responded blushing.

"We will have to agree on the where and when," he answered taking her hand in his.

"We met at the rec center right after I got home from Greece and started talking. You can tell them we did it in one of the massage rooms and I give you artistic license to spice the story up as you want. You can tell them that I moaned and begged for you to do me," she said softly.

"Amber stop that or I will need a cold shower," he responded blushing.

"All this is moot until we find out exactly what was overheard."

"You are right," he said as he leaned into her and placed his lips on hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Bruce was heading to Amber's house the bell finally rang signaling the end of the period and Darlene was out of her seat like a shot and headed down the hallway before the sound waves had vanished.

She met Marci and Barb as they exited their classroom and because of the look on Darlene's face they knew she had something great to share. They headed to their last class and as soon as they entered the classroom she pulled them to the back of the room.

"Well?" Marci asked.

"I just found out that Bruce is the father of Amber's baby," she said excitedly.

"Who did you hear it from.? Barbie asked.

"From Amber herself," Darlene said.

Both girls looked wide eyed with a touch of disbelief, so Darlene told them the whole story.

"Why have they denied it?" Marci wondered.

"Now that we know the truth we will find out," Darlene responded.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments