Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 32

4
4 Comments 4
1.1k Views 1.1k
1.3k words 1.3k words
The seconds seem to drag on as Bruce sat there with his mind struggling to understand what he had just been told. The stunning blond sitting next to him had just admitted to forging his signature on Lea's birth certificate and he was at a loss for words.

Part of him understood why she did it. She didn't want the name of the baby's Father to be listed as unknown on the legal document because she would reveal the name the true Father. What were the legal ramifications if the truth ever slipped out he wondered?

"Earth to Bruce? Are you still with us?" she said jokingly in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I'm here," he answered with a slight smile.

"Well then say something."

"What should I say?" he asked.

"Something. Anything. Are you angry or happy? Do you want to hit or kiss me? Or are you going to say fuck all this drama and call Gina up?" she said rapidly.

Bruce was taken aback at Amber using the F word. She hardly ever swore, well out loud anyway.

"I need to go home," he finally answered.

"Why?"

"I have a lot to think about."

It was not the answer that Amber wanted to hear, but she accepted it. He didn't lose his temper and yell. He didn't get up and walk out without saying a word which she half expected that. All things considered he handled it as well as can be expected.

On the drive home Bruce replayed everything he had just been told, he needed advice. He pulled out his cellphone and scanned the numbers until he found the one he needed and pressed the call button and waited. The phone was answered on the third ring by a bright and friendly voice.

"Aunt Helen, I really need your advice," he said simply.

"Come on over," she responded and hung up.

It was about an hour drive to her house, but thankfully the plow crews had the road clean and salted so he made great time. She admitted him with a smile and hug and escorted him inside. She sat him at the kitchen while she prepared tea.

Aunt Helen noticed the serious look on his face and withheld her usual jokes.

"How can I help?" she asked.

"What I am about to tell you only Amber, her parents and I know. Can you keep a secret?"

"Bruce, I'm a lawyer. I am good at secrets."

He then shared what Amber had told him. Aunt Helen sat and listened without comment or expression until he had finished.

"Do you love her?"

"Yes."

"Does she love you?"

"She says she does."

"Do you believe she did what she did to get money out of you or dump a baby in your lap?"

"I don't think so."

"Then do nothing."

"Nothing?"

"That's what I said. If she ever tries to extort money out of you by using the birth certificate as her proof that you are the Father, the answer is quite simple. Your lawyer will simply order a DNA swab from her and one from the baby. The results will be used to confirm parentage," she answered in the manner of one from her profession.

"That's it?"

"That's it. What you really need to do is quit listening to your friends and listen to your heart. Now my personal opinion is that she is really and truly in love with you."

"But she is only sixteen. What does she know about love?"

"Age has nothing to do with it. Anyone that has seen you two together are aware of what a great couple you make. If I sensed she had a hidden agenda I would have told you."

"Really?"

"Yes really. Is that so strange? You're my only Nephew and I would not allow some slut make a fool out of you," Aunt Helen stated.

He stood to leave and paused to give his Aunt a hug of thanks, he received one in return. On his ride home Bruce pondered his next step. His dreams that night were of all the great times he had with Amber.

He thought about her all day at school and while he was at work. It was sometime in the course of the next couple of days that he finally believed that she was in love with him as much as he was with her.

Friday finally arrived and when things at the resturant slowed down Bruce asked Mama G's permission to leave early and she granted it.

So it was around 9:00 pm that he called Amber and asked if it was OK to stop by for a minute. She had been sitting in the kitchen with her parents when he knocked on the door, Amber rose to open it.

The moment he stepped in out of the cold he gathered her in his arms and placed his lips on hers and gave her a long lovers kiss. Her parents smiled at each other and took it as their cue to slip out of the room.

Amber had forgotten what it was like to be held and kissed by him, tears of joy streamed down her face as she returned the hug and kiss.

"What was that for?" she asked when the kiss ended.

"To let you know that everything is OK," he responded.

"Really? You're not mad?"

"Nope. We always said it would be great if I was the Father, and now I am, well on paper anyway."

This time Amber initiated the kiss and she felt a great wave of relief wash over her. He then asked to speak to her parents alone. Amber thought it strange but escorted him into the living room and then returned to the kitchen.

"Mr and Mrs Conway. I want to ask Amber to my senior prom, but that means you will have to baby sit. I want to make sure that you don't have a problem with doing that?"

"I think we can handle it," her Dad responded as his wife nodded.

"You haven't asked her yet?" Mom asked.

"I wanted to check with you before I did," he answered.

He then returned to the kitchen where he hugged and kissed Amber again before he then asked her to have a seat and he took the chair opposite her. He appeared even more nervous than he was the first time he asked her out, because she could still say no.

"I have something real important to ask you," he said keeping his eyes cast downward in an effort to keep his courage up.

"Go ahead and ask," she responded.

"Amber, would you be my date for the senior prom?"

Amber jumped from her chair and took a seat in his lap as she threw her arms around Bruce's neck.

"Yes," she repeated a dozen times and kissed him after each yes.

"I know its three months away, but I couldn't wait to ask you," he told her.

"Three months is perfect. It will probably take that long to ensure that Lea is on a regular sleeping and feeding schedule."

"We can talk about this more on Spring break," Bruce informed her.

Amber had been so busy that she had lost track of time. Spring break was scheduled for the next month.

"Deal," she responded.

Bruce looked at his watch and decided he better head home. They shared one last long kiss before he was out the door and in his car. Amber ran to the front room to tell her parents that she had been asked to the prom and she had said yes.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments