Find your next favourite story now
Login

Young Adult Stories

The focus of young adult fiction is primarily on a protagonist aged between twelve and sixteen rather than an adult.

The main character faces the usual challenges consistent with their age group; emotions, first love, peer pressure, divorce and family relationships. Stories can cover the entire range of fiction genres.

The Case Of The Black Falcon

Another Jack Vine story; or the start anyways.

The Case Of The BlackFalcon “Morning Rocci; what’s up?” It was a Monday and I had been in the office for only an hour when the D.A. called. Rocci and me, I should mention, go way back to when we were kids. Now I have a detective agency and Rocci works for...

Anonymous

The sun was setting, with orange-gold hues reflecting off the bay, a romantic backdrop of scenery, clearly seen through the glass wall that spanned the back of the house. The glow illuminated the spacious room with a high-rise ceiling where light blue she...

Cricket Lone Wolf Part 30

Marcia is troubled by Franci and spirits take hold of her. Daria starts her revenge against Marcia.

Marcia spent the night tossing in bed wrapped in the covers getting no sleep. The discovery of Franci practicing with a bayonet sword weighed heavily on her mind. The implied threat of bodily harm felt as if things never changed from New Jersey. Her dream...

Cricket Lone Wolf Part 29

Marcia finds a refuge when things are bad, but meets her nemesis there too.

As Marcia slept curled up in a protective ball, dreams invaded her mind and caused her to moan and cry. Kathy stood at the door watching and listening to her wishing that the spirits would leave Marcia alone. Suddenly, Marcia unfolded her body and lay fla...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors
Anonymous

Enchanted Mirror

I'm what you face, when you face in the mirror. Long as you live I will still be here. ~Confrontion

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, a crack in the corner, likely to fall. All the distorted voices, hear my call. Take up arms we rise at nightfall. Abrupt fright woke Madge, another nightmare, another dream in which all her dreams disappeared. The howling wind...

Cricket Lone Wolf Part 28

Marcia feels the weight of her abilities on her shoulders from paranormal things on the island.

When the three girls were ready, they left the barracks and walked to the dining hall entrance. They joined a group of their classmates, who waited, chatting about the night before and sleeping in the barracks. The comment most uttered was that it was lik...

Chapter 1 It was a foggy Christmas Eve. I was so busy packing a bag that I didn't hear the front door open. I looked around my room trying to decide what I was going to wear. I saw a pair of jeans lying in the corner. I quickly threw them on along with a...

Slipping Sideways: Chapter 2

Roger Parsons is dragged into a web of lies and secrets that all lead back to his sister's suicide.

I called 911. When they arrived, they told me she was dead. They took the body away.After asking where my parents were, they made me call my best friend's mom, telling her to stay with me until my parents got off their flight. Then they left.Mrs. Crothers...

Slipping Sideways: Chapter 1

Roger Parsons is dragged into a web of lies and secrets that all lead back to his sister's suicide.

"We'll be back in a few hours. Don't call us – we'll be on the plane."I nodded and rubbed the back of my neck, the phone pressing uncomfortably against my ear. "Okay, Mom.""Can I talk to Caroline?"I looked over at my sister. She was curled up in a ball of...

Cricket Lone Wolf Part 26

The girls choose their beds. Marcia feels a great weight on her mind and body.

Marcia and Naomi joined their classmates up on the open deck of the ferry. There was a steady wind coming off the lake, which cut through their clothes. To beat the wind the girls walked around the deck chatting and playing a game of tag. The headmaster w...