Find your next favourite story now
Login

A charity anthology I am part of to benefit veterans groups has been officially released...

last reply
4 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rest in Peace
0 likes
A charity anthology I am part of to benefit veterans groups has been officially released...it includes a poem I wrote a few years back about a veteran with PTSD called "An Enemy That Haunts My Mind"...the poem is not on Stories Space, but I think I will post it...so far it is only published in this book that just came out, and my own book that came out in 2012...

The poems and stories included in this anthology, written by various authors, tell of veterans outside of war, of how their sacrifice of service changed their lives long after the war was over. Although some of the messages of the sacrifices of war are sadly timeless, they speak of unsung heroes, and I say unsung because nothing we could ever do for them would ever be enough to say thank you for all they gave. With that said, with these poems and stories, we will give what we can. 100% of the profits made will go to charities for veterans. To all who have served and to all of those who love them, we offer our undying gratitude because it is all we truly have to give you for your sacrifices, told and untold. So, we give what we can to honor you, to say thank you, and to, in some small way, give back. Although it could never be enough, a million thanks or a million dollars, we pray we can help some of the many who have given so much, so selflessly, and then suffered even as they fought another battle, the battle to go on…

Here is a blog about the book created by Kiki Howell, who put the project together. A different charity will benefit each month, starting with The Wounded Warrior Project. This blog site includes links to purchase the book, and note that it is a couple of bucks cheaper at B&N than Amazon, as well as links to purchase shirts and other cool items...

We Go On: Charity Anthology for Veterans
http://wegoonanthology.blogspot.com/

Here's one of the shirts Kiki created btw...and again, all proceeds will go to benefit veteran's groups...

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Very nice!
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
Congrats on the publication, Alan, and thanks for contributing. I tried to come up with something, but the subject was a bit to close too home, I suppose.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say you've contributed more than your share, and then some...and I have read that interview with you in the hospital back in '69, if I recall correctly, over on your blog site...as well as a few of your stories...so yeah, it's certainly understandable that it would be a bit close to home, to say the least...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...