Find your next favourite story now
Login

Something you don't see everyday...a contest for poems about frogs...

last reply
9 replies
4.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Oh, here we go my amphibian loving SS friends...this is something you don't see every day...a poetry contest for poems about frogs...no fee, $100.00 first prize, and a chance to get published in a genuine book of frog poetry...so, hop to it...

SAVE THE FROGS! Poetry Contest | Cash Prizes
http://savethefrogs.com/poetry/index.html[/size]
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
I was thinking maybe a poem about frog legs tasting like chicken might work...what everyone think?

Little froggy used to jump so high,
Shame poor froggy had to die,
But froggy's legs are a treat,
And I'm hungry and have to eat.

Little froggy met his fate,
Now his legs are on a plate,
Tastes so good they're finger lickin'
Froggy's legs taste like chicken.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Curiously, an English teacher at my high school had a poem about a frog published...
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
I was thinking maybe a poem about frog legs tasting like chicken might work...what everyone think?

Since you asked, I think your effort is inappropriate and not funny. Especially since the aim of the sponsoring group is to save and preserve frogs.

Not a good one Alan, not a good one.
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth

I can assure you Miss Moth that no amphibians, or anything else for that matter, were harmed during the making of that poem...and I'll definitely not be sending that one in...

Perhaps a poem about an aging frog with a penchant for country blues would be more to your liking?

0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Quote by gypsymoth

I can assure you Miss Moth that no amphibians, or anything else for that matter, were harmed during the making of that poem...and I'll definitely not be sending that one in...

Perhaps a poem about an aging frog with a penchant for country blues would be more to your liking?

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
This thread brings back memories.

I wrote a piece on saving frogs for an enviroment themed competition on the red site. For some reason the judges never responded to Pond Life - but it's publication became the defining moment for me as an author.

Pond Life was the first step on the creative journey that led me to storiesspace.

So there.

Ribbit
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by steffanie

I wrote a piece on saving frogs for an enviroment themed competition on the red site. For some reason the judges never responded to Pond Life - but it's publication became the defining moment for me as an author.

Well, here's your big chance to turn it into a poem and give it a whole new lease on life...since your an experienced save the frog writer...

I believe I read that one...seems like a while ago btw...

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini

Well, here's your big chance to turn it into a poem and give it a whole new lease on life...

Or publish it on here - a more appropriate home perhaps.

Quote by DirtyMartini

I believe I read that one...seems like a while ago btw...

Feb 2010. I checked. I noticed you got an EP for your entry - so a rather belated well done.
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by steffanie

Feb 2010. I checked. I noticed you got an EP for your entry - so a rather belated well done.

Oh yeah, thanks...it's all coming back to me...and yeah, that story will also be officially published in a couple of weeks as well...

When I say "officially" published, I mean in a publication recognized by Poets & Writers Magazine...and they're sticklers btw...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Frog time again...jump to it...

SAVE THE FROGS! POETRY CONTEST
------------------------------
DEADLINE: October 15, 2013
GENRE: Poetry
DETAILS: 1-2 poems that mention frogs, salamanders, newts, toads,
caecilians, amphibians, and/or Save the Frogs! Open to all ages.
PRIZE: $100
URL: http://www.savethefrogs.com/poetry/index.html#submit[/size]