Find your next favourite story now
Login

EC
The Hanging Tree

"As the music played..."

11
10 Comments 10
1.4k Views 1.4k
322 words 322 words
"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."
~ Jennifer Lawrence, soundtrack from 
"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1"


One hand in her chin the other hand is touching a knife longingly, her forehead leans on the window glass as she looks outside of nothingness to the stormy night as the music plays.

Mesmerized by the singer's voice playing on the radio she's listening to. The lyrics of the song penetrates her rambling thoughts. Hauntingly singing now with the music playing as her eyes catches the swaying tree from the windy storms outside.

Hypnotized, eyes looking up to the tree that leaves are falling out of. What a beautiful sight to see, ghostly, eerie feelings of doom at hand, as her hand caresses the knife and her mind wonders to all the possibilities.

The myth says Judas hanged himself by the tree.

How would it feel being choked to death by a cord on your neck and the other end is tightly tied up on the tree? What will be his last thoughts or words?

The news said she got overdosed with coke.

How would it feel to die high on drugs? What will be in their minds as the drugs take effect on their system while dying? What will be their last thoughts and dreams?

He is a great painter who killed himself.

What monsters did he try to fight or is he dreaming of that beautiful sunflower fields or that starry starry night? Why did he put the gun barrel to his head? What's on his mind as he pulls that trigger?

Buzzing sounds of the smoke detector alarm.

"Oi! The rice! It smells burnt already! Are you cooking or going to burn the house down!" Her mother shouts from outside the kitchen.

Published 
Written by rune
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments