Find your next favourite story now
Login

Historical Fiction Stories

Historical Fiction is for stories in which the plot takes place in a setting located in the past.

An essential element is that it is set in the past and pays attention to details such as the manners, social conditions, and other details associated with that time period.

Mitchell's Story: Part one

A few short bursts and the Messerschmitt was no longer a problem.

“You wanted to see me, Sir?” The middle-aged man behind the big oak desk, looked up as Robert Mitchell stood to attention and saluted smartly. “Ah, Pilot Officer Mitchell. Yes, indeed I did. At ease, relax.” Mitchell moved his feet apart and removed his h...

As the darkness was leading the way. I woke to find myself in a coach driven by ancient Silverwolves who come from the worlds of myth, They are magical creatures whose instincts remind us of our own animal self sometimes. They are guides of the goddess an...

Where the forests nose into the lake, where the salmon spawn each year; where the camps were, that’s where you’ll find Blind Siku’s place. Siku is not here, nor are his bones. But stand on the shore, look through the mist to the hills on the other side, a...

Peace

“Trouble is coming, Thorsten,” Ragnhild told me... "I can feel it."

It is peaceful now, the lake silent and cold. I am the last as I look back toward the now-distant shore. My wife and my children are safe and warm in our home. I will never see them again, not in this life. The hoards from the north have made sure of that...

Peace For Our Time, Chapter Two

“Don't send us away, Mum, Dad.”

Chapter 2 “You know what?” Jack said to no one in particular. “These last eight months have been really busy.” Little Albert and Georgie took no notice but continued to bicker over some insignificant disagreement. “Is it really?” he continued, the sarcasm...

Chapter 1. Peace For Our Time

“You see? Didn't I tell you? There isn't going to be another war,”

“The settlement of the Czechoslovakian problem, which has now been achieved is, in my view, only the prelude to a larger settlement in which all Europe may find peace. This morning I had another talk with the German Chancellor, Herr Hitler, and here is th...

Going Steady

Sunny days, drive-ins, and the way it goes

Old enough to drive. Old enough to own a car. Old enough to go steady. The first Saturday after Jake Terwilliger turned sixteen he went to the Department of Motor Vehicles to get his license. He struggled a little with the written test, but he passed the...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors