Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
A Sudden Notice

"What if one small encounter DID count so much?"

3
3 Comments 3
745 Views 745
395 words 395 words
In complete shadow, I saw her light reflection stabbing into my affection. No I did not smile. I did not have a shameful expression of joy either. I just could not look away from her aura. The answer to my problem seemed I could only be rid of her image if I became blind. It was mesmerizing.

I did want to know what it would be like to touch something delicate and fragile. She seemed petite. I turned away and stepped out for some air. Breathing was never a challenge until now. My stomach is upsetting... Probably this huge crowd of people, or was it her? I feel a lot better out here anyways.

To feel complex is annoying. No need for agitating myself in order to be near someone. Why her of all people? She seems like an idiot. Your typical ditz. I felt something strange in the air so I turned around... to see my topic in front of me?!

I did not look surprised, but I could not help wondering why she was even here in the first place. Can't she be somewhere else? So annoying.

Then she commented, "I can breathe!"

I wanted to reply, "Well yeah," but I kept shut and turned away.

I could see her from the corner of my eye, looking up at the night sky. She seemed calm and relieved? But so strange too. She even breathed out to the cold air just to see the visual steam. She smiled at that? That's even more stupid... something I never seen anyone do either.

I could not help but comment, "You're weird." I wanted to insult her so she could leave me in peace.

She laughed at herself. "I know, I just like how it looks like smoke when you breath in the winter," was her reply.

I did not say a word. Instead I looked at her, then said, "Those things are amusing?"

She just nodded her head and turned away from me. "I like those kind of things," she replied before heading back inside.

I looked away. She was definitely strange. I looked up at the night sky... and breathed? I caught myself staring at my own breath forming a smoke look-a-like cloud. What the hell was I doing? I felt some shame. I noticed something else too that night... She sparked something in me.

Published 
Written by Kijo
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments