Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
High Cold Desert

4
2 Comments 2
1.4k Views 1.4k
853 words 853 words
Sitting here and feeling as if the room has cleared of all the smoke that was in it, and I am more than most know or see as they think of me being both seen and unseen as well as heard and not heard as if I don’t exist. And I know the reaper kneeling and watching all that I have seen, and has me wondering if it will save my humanity? With that game to last for all eternity with no escaping and conviction seems to follow on the heels of all the accusations that have been made. Just like all of those crimes and misdemeanors I have been tried and convicted of with no explanation ever given of the charges faced. With there going to be a hard rain that’s gonna fall one day and it just being a question of when.

And as I make my way on down the line I have fragments of memory surfacing with what seems to be something to always remind me of; events, people, place, and things, along with certain moments of time. As I sit here in the evening of the day recalling those things and at times it sounds like the sound of when it rains stones, out here on those old roads as I continue on down the line. Feeling at times as if I am between something and nothing, as I continue going to where the Tao directs and looking for some of the answers I have sought. I also know that I have been allowed to live twice and it is/was by the definition of it for some reason.

And as I look around I see there is no one around except you and me, and it feels as though we are walking between the rain drops that are falling out here on the back roads, rail road tracks and wherever we are directed to go by the Tao. Knowing it is a fine line which we make our way down at times, so take a breath and carry on forward and try not to look back and let the demons attempt to take control when the shadows can be felt when they fall. Moving together long after midnight trying to leave the mountains and valleys of the past behind, and trying to forget all the hard luck stories told to us and have them fade away like old photographs found on the lawn. Faith at times gets heavy to carry but it is something that carries me along with those things I believe in, and wondering if it is the same for you?

Though we both have times when we feel weaker and don’t know if we can take another step, and somehow it manages to be done, either by pure will or by a heart that won’t let us give in, even when it feels like we are caught in some sort of a storm. And everybody wants to learn all the secrets that are carried, and has a code of silence to be followed, and it seems to be a kind of madness to have to make a vow like that, with the danger being always near, and in spite of all the rules to follow there are still the memories that come forth. With there still being those moments when it’s needed to move and to fight. In the attempt to keep in control, and occasionally confusing things that are real.

How good or bad does it need to get before things will change? How many losses or regrets along with what chain reaction needs to happen to have us change or to affect things? So don’t question the gift of strength of another kind, and know that someone holds the key to those answers that have been sought for so long. Though it might seem as if both inside, and outside no place is home making one feel wasted and spent with no time to try and find a way home. Still is blame tasted after insinuation, implications, and any ill will through all this turmoil has you breathing the name of your savior? And more than ever I hope never to fall to those depths I have fallen in the past and carry with me the knowledge that it is always just a matter of inches to hitting bottom especially when the world is burning.

Now feeling those gypsy winds blowing through the night at the turning of twilight like the smoke from a smoldering fire out here on this mesa and high desert plains. And feeling as though fools are being suffered as they attempt to play their zero option type game(s), which shouldn’t be the case. The things and morals they worship should be gone and swept away just like their cadres, and covens, with the world looking just the same even with change all around, and it is said that the hypnotized or Manchurian Candidates never lie. And pray and hope we never get fooled again.

Copyright: Timberwolf International LTD. July 2016 – 35

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments