Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Inland Skies

3
2 Comments 2
999 Views 999
851 words 851 words
If there is no end, then there can be no beginning. And beginnings are very delicate things, with a lot seeming as if they are playing charades, and making life to be either their joke or pantomime and totally unknown of what can be seen. We all have one life and need to be living it, and not hiding away or looking back at that past that is not so far behind as we think it is. Sometimes feeling a touch trying to lead me astray in those moments when feeling weak, and hoping I don’t just fade away like shades of grey.

Remembering once I looked in the mirror and began to cry, knowing that the rules can be changed, and at times taking that as my cue to walk away and head on down the line. Leaving my things behind in the form of memories and hoping in vain that all would see and understand why. Ending the game(s), is like changing the name of a favorite song. Hoping I am doing right and knowing that by tonight I may be twenty miles out of town, and following this road to wherever it leads and beckons me to go. And once I had me what I thought were two good friends; one was called whiskey, and the other was called wine. I seemed to in times past spend my last dime on them as I tried to crawl into the bottle, and wine seemed to make me feel fine, and helped me pass the time I wasted, and whiskey kept warm at night.

Bad times came and whatever I reaped, came from whatever I had sown, and wondered if I was really walking down the path on solid ground, as everything seemed to crumbling down and return back to the dust whence it came. With all I really need is someone to help me carry this load down this old Highway 61, whenever it called. And if God has plans for me I hope they aren’t written in stone, and it seems that any day now I might be released.

Recalling that victory never seemed to be mine to be had, and all the honours went to others, and there was never any history recording pen near. And I broke my back on the bottom’s rack, while thinking my time was short and soon to be my last, and lost years that I squandered like gold. Not unlike some ship lost in heavy fog far from the coast. And the winter descended like a cloak with a vengeance, and felt like it played a cruel hoax, with there being very little I can boast of. At times seeing rain and feeling as if it’s stormin’ in my head, and feeling as if I have Cathedral bells ringing in my ears, as I headed down across that sun scorched earth of the desert full of bones.

Now standing here in the far North and looking to the dark light of a misty morning sun out on the horizon, with no one asking where I am going, or caring where I am from. And unlike that man in the dark black coat; no one is asking any questions, and not one word or note of greeting or goodbye. And it seems I have known for a long time of some of the shapes that may come, and it ain’t going to be easy to swallow and at times it will stick in your throat as I head into tomorrow with what has been gleaned or learned from yesterday and today.

I have given some my devotion and been with them in some sort or another till the end of time, and they will never be forgotten because I will still be by their side in some shape or form. For that is what the law of friendship dictates, and something I hold sacred and carry in my blood. At times wondering if I can deliver, and/or leave it up to fate with the code and beliefs that make up and define my life? Being at times as if I am slightly out of place here in the rain, as the world around seems to have gone insane with the secret shadow wars going on.

So look beyond the light down those back roads or railroad tracks, and pick up on the rhythm and rush you feel when there is no time to run and no place to go. And you know the way I feel is the way I write, and do whatever needs to be done which aren’t the way of someone who lives in lies, especially in a world that seems to have turned mean and shallow with the colours never fading. So step out and leave it far behind and head on down the line, and keep on keepin’ on through all the things that never seem the same. And feel the presence that’s near out in the shadows beyond the light on the horizon.

Copyright Timberwolf International LTD: March 2016 – 12

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments