Find your next favourite story now
Login

What movie did you see in the theater or on DVD?

last reply
214 replies
14.0k views
4 watchers
9 likes
Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza

I am still trying to figure out how I feel about Poor Things. It was very different.

I also watched The Marsh King's Daughter. It was okay, but nothing original or any stand-out acting or writing.

I went back and finished Poor Things (Talia didn’t) and I ended up liking it. It get a lot better once she learns to talk. After that it reminded me less of Frankenstein and more of Candide. The very end with the goat was kinda dumb, but I liked it.

Talia. Did. Not.

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

To expand on my ALL CAPS review of Dune 2, it’s been ages since I read the books, but he certainly seemed faithful to the vibe and the storyline. I thought the first Dune was a little slow and ponderous, though I really liked the world building. I thought it ended really abruptly too. It all pays off in Dune 2, where knowledge of that world is essential to the action and plot turns. I bet it works well to see them back to back.

I highly recommend seeing this on as large a screen as possible. Great movie. And oh, those worms!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Just started 3 Body Problem. The 1st episode was excellent, we'll see what they do with it tonight. It's gotten a lot of crap in the press, I've noticed.