last reply
2 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi there, everyone.

My name is Fran and I am new to this site, although an 'old' hand at my own kind of writing.

Thus far I have one poem loaded called 'The Sea: A Message Of Guidance', which I wrote from a photo prompt - just for fun. Please feel free to comment and vote, if you like. (I don't yet know how to add links on here to make the poem easier to find...)

If you have any suggestions on what I can do to make myself noticed on this site, please do share, thanks.

Yours in writing,
Fran
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Hi Fran...and to Stories Space...I sort of work here btw...

First off, you can't post links in the forum until you have 20 or more forum posts...it's a rule we have set up to discourage We don't want people joining our humble site here and then posting links to stuff they want to sell in our little forum here...it sort of works btw...

There are a number of things you can do to promote yourself...check out the forum for interesting ideas...our "Resources for Writers" section, for instance, offers tons of ideas for promoting yourself...it is a proverbial goldmine of info, if I say so myself...

You'll see suggestions like setting up accounts on sites like Facebook and Twitter, and using those kind of sites for promoting yourself...and it does work btw...as quite a few here can testify to...

The other thing, as far as getting yourself noticed by other members here, and getting comments and feedback...by far and away the absolute best way to achieve this goal is to read and comment on other member's stuff...when you read and leave a comment on someone else's story or poem, they are far more likely to check out your profile...and read your stuff...this is a time tested concept guaranteed to work...I know this from my own experience...and realize that it sometimes takes time to get any sort of "following" here...heck, check out some of my earliest posts and count the number of votes and comments...and compare that number to my more recent posts, and you'll see exactly what I mean...

Too many people sort of "post and run" expecting to get feedback, without reciprocating...a little time spent on the site can go a long way...

I hope this helps you out, and I wish you luck in all your writing...after you spend a bit of time here, you'll realize the site has quite a bit to offer...

Cheers,
Alan.
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi, Alan!

Thanks so much for your reply to my post. It's always nice to have someone helping the "newbies" like me.

I'm an "old-hand" on websites such as this, but each site seems to have their own set of rules and ways of doing things. I guess that's what makes new members like myself feel like ducks out of water at first, so I really do appreciate all your suggestions and info.

Take care,
Fran