Find your next favourite story now
Login

Accidentally Hitting the 'Report Abuse' Button - Sorry, Lisa!

last reply
15 replies
7.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
The title pretty much says it all. I have hit the button to report an offensive comment in stories more than once when reading on my iPad and scrolling down the interactive screen. It is just too easy to touch that link without realising it, and then bam! The thank you notice for reporting abuse pops up. There is no going back to un-report it, it is frustrating. I think I did it on a PM I received once as well, and that was also an accident as there wasn't anything wrong with the PM. Nor was there anything wrong with the comments on the stories.

So sorry about that, Lisa. Would it be possible for Gav to program it so that instead of reporting the comment right away, a confirmation notice pops up, allowing to cancel or continue?

Or maybe this isn't something that happens often except to me?

Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth

It has happened to me a few times too, but I was lucky enough not to be logged in at the time. Instead of filing a report, I was redirected to the page telling me I had to be logged in to take that action.
Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
0 likes
Oh thank goodness it is not just me!

Thank you, both of you, it is quite a shock when that message pops up. What a relief to know this does not happen just to me.

Andrew, ham fisted, or left handed? Me, it is a left handed case. No changing it either, after all this time.

Why would I want to, anyway?

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Does this actually say "Report Abuse" or "Report Offensive Post?"...I'm not sure I see what you're referring to, and I just logged out and tried it...

I was going to report one of my stories as offensive...just for the heck of it...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal

I could report a few of yours for the sake of research, Alan.

Thanks...I can do it myself now, but nice of you to offer...

Because the original title of this thread says "Report Abuse"...I was looking at the "Report Offensive Post" link at the bottom above the comments...

Makes me glad I don't use my phone for internet...of course, my phone is barely sophisticated enough to make phone calls...I have trouble relating to all this fancy high tech stuff...I'm lucky I can turn my computer on by myself...

Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Because the original title of this thread says "Report Abuse"...I was looking at the "Report Offensive Post" link at the bottom above the comments...

Hmmm, you may be right. That's not the one I've had trouble with, however.
Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal
Double post, sorry.

We might have to call in a moderator to delete one of those double posts...do you think we can find one at this time of night? Don't know...

0 likes
The problem areas I am refering to are the links to report an inappropriate comment on a story and the one to report a personal message one may have received. The wording on the link changes in each case, whether it is to report a comment on a story, flag a story as inappropriate or report a private message for some reason.

If you hit the link to flag a story as inappropriate, while logged in, that is, a message pops up asking why you are reporting it and you have the option of cancelling it if you touched the button accidentally. And it is far too easy to touch it by accident, I know.

It is the links for reporting a comment or PM that can't be cancelled and which are also easy to hit by mistake. It would be nice if they could be cancelled.

I hope that clears up the confusion that seems to have been created by my thread title.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
So sorry about that, Lisa. Would it be possible for Gav to program it so that instead of reporting the comment right away, a confirmation notice pops up, allowing to cancel or continue?

I don't get many of those messages, but when I do it's no problem from my end, so no need to apologise! I'll send Gav the link to this thread to see if there's something that can done.
0 likes
Quote by Lisa

I don't get many of those messages, but when I do it's no problem from my end, so no need to apologise! I'll send Gav the link to this thread to see if there's something that can done.

Thanks Lisa, at least you don't get too many of those messages! It would be great if Gav could do something about it though, and it's always wonderful to see him drop in here!