Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Wait

2
1 Comment 1
1.4k Views 1.4k
330 words 330 words
Sitting at the computer, watching, listening, typing. The heat in front of the window is comfortable, though the sun is too bright, even through the tinted glass. Maybe I'll find you today. Maybe... I look out the window every twenty seconds or so. I just want to see you. Even if you aren't with me I know that your being in the area is an unparalleled comfort.

I turn around in the chair. Letting a smile cross my face thinking that giving a college student a spinning chair is a bad idea all its own. I watch down the hall for a couple seconds, listening if there is a sign of anyone other than the others at more of the computers. Still nothing more than there has been for the last hour.

Where could you be hiding out this time? I normally know all of your usual places, but you aren't in any of them today. You aren't in sight, nor are you able to be heard. It's getting late and I know I should head to the proper building, but not yet. I can't bring myself to just now. I'll wait a few more minutes. Maybe I'll see you. Just maybe.

Throwing a few more words onto my screen, trying to be productive. You invade my thoughts though. Productivity is near futile with how frequently I look around for you. Do you know I'm looking for you again? Am I even passing through your mind for the briefest moments? I look out the window again, impossible to deny the compulsion. No, still not outside.

I gather my things after saving the little progress I've made on the computer. Class does call after all. Heading down the hall fiddling with my ipod, and down the stairs. I walk out the first set of doors and finally see you. Smiling at you, you know I've been waiting. It's all okay. A hug and off again. Now maybe you'll wait for me.

Published 
Written by WashAwayTheFire
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments