Find your next favourite story now
Login

What are some of the best songs heard in a movie you saw?

last reply
106 replies
16.9k views
0 watchers
3 likes
Chasing Dragons
0 likes

From the 1967 film To Sir, With Love. As sung by Lulu. (The cast of Glee also did a superb version.)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Young And Beautiful - Lana Del Ray

"The Great Gatsby"

Splendor

Dream On competition; dream, imagine, peace

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Neverending Story - Limahl

I loved the movie when it came out. Saw it again recently. 40 years later and seriously, it's dire! Is it an age thing, or was my memory playing tricks? I still like the theme song though.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime - Beck

"Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind"

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by AnnaMayZing
40 years later and seriously, it's dire!

I think that I have heard there's a new adaptation of the novel out or coming, maybe a TV series? Not sure though. Just something stuck in my mind. But you're not the first person I've heard suggest that it hasn't aged well.

I was already a fan of "Bohemian Rhapsody" when Wayne's World came out but, yeah, it's a great scene.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Hero - Regina Spektor

"500 Days of Summer"

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Back to Bond, but this actually appeared at the end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service after the murder of Bond's wife Tracey (Diana Rigg). Appropriately, it's rather soft and sombre and plays on the line he says to her as she is dying.

(a fan video using clips from the movie)

EDIT: One more note: This was one of Satchmo's last recordings and he was actually too sick to play the trumpet solos so someone else does (not sure who). His vocals are spot on, though.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Little Yellow Dress - Johnny Flynn

"Song One"

Splendor

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

There are two songs from the Bond movies that I can't choose one over the other. This is one, can you guess the other?

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Yellow - Oh Yeah

"Ferris Beuller's Day Off"

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by AnnaMayZing

There are two songs from the Bond movies that I can't choose one over the other. This is one, can you guess the other?

I probably should know this from some past discussion, but given you like this one, perhaps "Moonraker" which is a somewhat similar John Barry ballad (and also the last of Shirley Bassey's three Bond themes)?

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Cheating a bit here since I never saw the movie, but I absolutely love "Let It Go" from Frozen. Probably because my son wasn't into it so I didn't get tormented with it as apparently happened to some parents. Singer Floor Jansen took the high road. Instead of complaining, she covered it with a bit of a metal touch and nailed it.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Free Fallin' - Tom Petty

"Jerry Maguire"

Splendor

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

I probably should know this from some past discussion, but given you like this one, perhaps "Moonraker" which is a somewhat similar John Barry ballad (and also the last of Shirley Bassey's three Bond themes)?

A valiant effort, Herr Affe. However, no cigar, sorry. The other is from The Spy Who Loved Me.

Carly Simon with Nobody Does It Better.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Les Champs-Elysées - Joe Dassin

"The Darjeeling Limited"

Splendor

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Xanadu - Olivia Newton-John and ELO

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Lost Stars - Keira Knightley

"Begin Again"

Splendor